1guydude 300g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Some better pics to replace those terrible dark ones from last night.
Hopefully itll look okay when im done with it.
D

D are the top panels screwed to the frame? Or are they hanging off the top 1x2 of the frame? If they are screwed into the frame , you are going to have a hellaof a time working in your tank.

Doors are 14" wide and 10-12" tall.
Im getting away with just 1 500w heater
Thinking about insulating my pvc with that grey foam stuff like pool noodles. Lol
D

It is looking really nice, Devin. I will be anxious to come and see it once it is done. I should be all recuperated by then. Had my surgery on my shoulder 2 weeks ago now. I am in a sling for about 14 more weeks. I really screwed it up this time the doctor said. LOL

Take it easy mr. ! Idk how many times i have to tell u that. Lol
Thank u. It is getting there. Got my doors up and back panel installed last night. Needs a tear down so i can stain or shelac it and wood glue with screws back together.
Yaaaaay. Lol
D

Yup, I got the staining thing, been there, done that. I want to redo my doors on the cabinet, I am not really happy with my first attempt. I will work on it in the spring, I am taking it easy, I have no choice, my wife is making me be good. lol

U could always sand em n1husker and re stain ?!
Idk really for sure.
D
The stain isn't the problem, I don't like the way the doors were put together. I should have squeezed the panels together tighter than I did and made them slightly larger for the openings.

Ahhhh i got ya. That is a problem. Mine didnt turn out great either. Im hoping the trim will make it all look straight.
D

I have 2 270w ct lites. They r 3 puck leds from obd.
I couldnt decide pepcrylic.
Lol.
I will probably be adding more.
D

Back