2005-2006 planning thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reed hit the nail on the head; we are a non-profit and we do what we do for the benefit of the members. That being said however, it does take money to do that. ;) Personally, I think we've done very well with our speakers and we have Mike's connections to thank for much of that. This year, we need to establish some connections on our own, though I know Mike would still be happy to help us out if needed.

I saw that Shimek was mentioned as a possible speaker; last year he wanted $1500 to speak at MACNA :shock:

As for MACNA, don't let Mike's numbers scare you...the clubs I've talked to have started out on average with about $3,000, so we're in the ballpark. Most of them also had a smaller member base than we have. The Louisville club hosted 3 successful macnas and the least amount they cleared was $30,000. Profit margins are less now - costs have gone up but attendees can't afford more - (and Seattle being an expensive city won't help), organization has to be tight and it's a ton of work, but it's also a lot of fun.

Fundraising is good! New ideas are great! I have some thoughts but can't type them out right now..if I try I'll pass out from starvation as I haven't eaten anything all day other than a cheapo cheeseburger from Dick's, lol.

Back