210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was talking with him today.

IM horrible with names but am pretty sure it's Jim at Mac's Discus in Woodinville. IM looking forward to paying him a visit.

I've been thinking about another FW Discus tank myself.

Your tank looks very nice.

I am sooo tempted.

AHHHHH Dang reminds me wen I use to care for arrowannas. I so want me a RTG super red asian arrowanna. To bad they are still illegal in the states and cost a couple grand even though 99% of them in the trade are now farmed raised and at least an F2 or greater.

You should get one :)

couple pics

http://www.myfishforum.com/attachme...551d1227215099-sell-arowana-super-red-b15.jpg
http://www.arowana.co.uk/uploads/Super-Red--n1wan.jpg
http://www.arowana.asia/malaysia-arowana0003.jpg

There are other colors but the super red is my favorite. You can easily get an australian Arrowanna (Jardini) in the states but they are not as colorful as the asian. I cared for the black silvers and Jardini. They are massive powerful fish! Cool watching them hunt and eat thier prey. Another cool FW fish is the fresh water barracudas and african tiger fish. Those guys are some REAL killers!!! I had a school of 5 barracudas way back and a sigle afican tiger in a 180. It was quite interesteing watching them feed on live goldfish hahaha. King Discus in China Town get some really interesting FW fish if you ever want something unique.

Last edited:
Looks Great Duane.....I have a buddy that is into FW and Planted tanks and he just gome some new Discus from a place downtown Everett....don't recall the name but I think it was on Hewitt ave. You may want to check it out also......

Great looking fish (and tank), Duane. :) I've never seen Discus like that before.

Hi Dang! Hi Treehugger!

I was just looking at the beginning of this thread to see how long I've had this tank. Just about five years already. I set it back up as a reef this weekend. Everything came out of a 180 ten minutes away from home, and my 65. The LR didn't spend more than five minutes out of water and thanks to Todd (TJL) I was able to keep it warm in his very large cooler. The fish came over on a second trip and spent the night in some holding tanks while I was able to aquascape and get the corals in place.

Here's a pic of the insta reef.

IMG_6139_zps23382201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6139.jpg
    54.8 KB
I think I should put the black backing onto the tank again. The wash machine looks bad.

I think I should put the black backing onto the tank again. The wash machine looks bad.

Hey Trido,

In November I upgrade from a 75 to a 90 AGA. I used 5% window tint instead of paint or the standard black backing material. I thought it turned out good and you cannot really even tell it's tint from the front.

Looks great
What ever happened to to be patient, go slow, Only bad things go quick in this hobby,
Damn instant reef!!!!

Thanks for the suggestion but that costs money. I have already have the backing for the tank in the cupboard behind it. I just have been too lazy. Also, I dont know if you noticed. That is my laundry room behind the tank. YOu'd still see the dryer with tint.

Maybe.. 5% is pretty dark. The cost is pretty cheap. You can pick it up at Schucks or Walmart has it also. This mine right after I set it up.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358743082.975530.jpg

5% tint sucks in a car. You HAVE To have the windows down the drive at night. Lol. Looks good either way.
I myself, made a little pint of black at Walmart for super cheap. Just brushed it on a few times.

Ya, I've had painted backs, cardboard backs and also the prefab plastic back. The reason I don't do a permanent back on this tank is so I can do tank maintenance from the laundry room. I put it on there, remove it to do something major and then don't put it back.

I'll get a pick of the new 150 gallon sump and skimmer tomorrow. I need to clean up the wiring and plumb in the reactors a bit better before too long.

Really, really nice Duane. Can't wait to see it grow out and look as amazing as it always has. Even your FW system was impressive.

Back