210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looking great Duane!! Your aquascape looks nice, but I think I like how you aquascaped the 120 better, but all in all it is looking saweeet!!!!

I love the aquascaping...it's coming along very nicely...i'll have to come check it out one of these days...maybe some time after work real quick...you know it doesn't look like you have very much room in there already...I think we suffer from the same disease...

Last edited:
oh my my!! that is looks very very nice,,,,great jobs,,nice rock work ,corals,gonna have make the trip to see in person very soon:):)

Thanks! I would like it if you came by some time. Ive seen your tank and now its time to come by to see the 30" tall tank that you inspired. Then we can talk more about that infamous "Tamarind tort" in person.:p

edwing206 said:
That looks great! Great aquascaping.

Thanks for the compliments Luis.

roscoe said:
Looking great Duane!! Your aquascape looks nice, but I think I like how you aquascaped the 120 better, but all in all it is looking saweeet!!!!

There are some details with the aquascaping that Im sure
you'd find impressive. Pics never do a tank justice, especially with a camera that seems to take worse pics daily. You'll see. :)

treehugger said:
you know it doesn't look like you have very much room in there already...I think we suffer from the same disease...

Your right. The tank is already full. I have about six more SPS corals to go in and that will leave me room for only a few SPS and a few acans in order to leave grow room.

I found that the 120 looked best when things werent crowded and there was plenty of grow room for each coral. Otherwise when the croal starts to get much bigger than a frag, your forced to cut it back to keep it from killing its neighbor. Large colonies look so much better than frags.:D

The tank looks like it is coming along great. Sorry I wasn't there to help. We ended up staying at the zoo the whole day. I think I am good for another 10 years now :). We will have to come check it out soon!

need some updated pics over here, Duane. :)
I know. I just dont have alot of motivation since my camera is so blurry lately. There just isnt any detail to the pics.

Here you go
newtank040.jpg

newtank029.jpg

newtank043.jpg

newtank035.jpg

newtank045.jpg

newtank051.jpg

newtank033.jpg

AS you can see not much has changed. Ive finished the sheetrock work and painted. Ive also removed the two MJ mods and finished the CL system.

I also accidentally moved a bunch of the build pics while cleaning up my photobucket files. Ill post a quick recap with the important pics after work today.

Very Nice Looking. Can't wait to see things fill in more. Watch those green palythoas in the 2nd to last picture as they can sting other coarls quite badly IME !

:)

Paul

Last edited:
Very Nice Looking. Can't wait to see things fill in more. Watch those green palythoas in the 2nd to last picture as they can sting other coarls quite badly IME !

:)

Paul

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

If you look closely Paul, I have those in the sand by themselves so they cant spread. That is one of my first colonies.

A few days late is better than never. Here are the deleted tank room build pics.
Jan2008001.jpg

shed004.jpg

shedsiding003.jpg

finishedshed003.jpg

tankroomfullthrottle003.jpg

tankroomfullthrottle008-1.jpg

and the 120 right before tear down
lastshotsof120021.jpg

Back