finished painting the shed,
Installed the door,
Installed the little wall AC unit and built a roof for it,
Installed the bath fan and vent,
finished the rough electrical,
Insulated,
sheetrocked,
painted the interior with leftovers,
and moved the CL pump to make room for the new sump.

Ill give more details with each pic tomorrow. :)

I have to keep telling myself, "Its just a shed, its just a shed, its a glorified pump house. NOT a living space. The next owner will be putting his lawnmower and shovels in there........." Its hard for me to not make it pretty.

Last edited:
Here is the 90% finished outside.
The little AC will be hooked up to a dual stage ranco contoller as a cheap chiller. Rather than a chiller which will cool the system and heat the room I want to cool the room and the system in one. With all the glass surface area of four tanks in such a small room I hope it will be somewhat efficient. Plus, I dont walk into a sauna every day
finishedshed001.jpg

On the lower left of the next pic is an 8" x 14" wall register for a fresh air intake. I used a register so I can close it on those frigid winter nights in an attemp to keep some heat in. The upper right is the bath fan that will be controlled by a cooling stat.
finishedshed002.jpg

My brother is suppposed to help set the sump in place after work and then Ill start building the shelves for the additional tanks. Im going to put the sump on the PT 2x4s to give the tank a little buffer from the concrete. I feel that the cememt saps alot of heat from the sump in my garage and Its difficult to keep warm JMO.
finishedshed004.jpg

And finally, my lovely blue DIY leftover mixed paint. Ill call it 14K blue. :lol:
finishedshed003.jpg

Looking nice Dood!
One question, on that pump why you have that suction Union BV like that instead a little farther away & horizontal?

Looking nice Dood!
One question, on that pump why you have that suction Union BV like that instead a little farther away & horizontal?

The vertical union BV is actually the output. I set it up like that when it was under my tank and since removing it I have never changed it because there isnt enough pipe to cut it from the adapter and they are $30 a piece. It works so I leave it. Just a bit awkward looking, thats all.

That is going to be a sweet setup. I saw it first hand on Sat. Thanx for the corals. They are doing great. Let me know when you need some help with the new tank. Mike

woo hoo! golly you move fast. The 14k blue (better patent that color:D) is going to look very neat inside. Sorry I can't help you move the sump in place, but can't wait to see it.

Did you run the electrical in wall? I thought you we're going to do it externally but I don't see the outlets.

I don't know about that 14k blue as you call it. Looks more like 7100k blue compacts to me...haha Looking good man

Thanks fo rht ekind words everyone. I'm getting more excited the further this moves along.

I don't know about that 14k blue as you call it. Looks more like 7100k blue compacts to me...haha Looking good man
:lol: You got me.
class clown said:
woo hoo! golly you move fast. The 14k blue (better patent that color) is going to look very neat inside. Sorry I can't help you move the sump in place, but can't wait to see it.

Did you run the electrical in wall? I thought you we're going to do it externally but I don't see the outlets.
Its OK. I didnt expect you could but just thought I'd call to ask in hopes that we could hang out. Its been quite a while. My neighbor is always happy to help. Aside from work, Hes quite busy being sole providor for a wife and two daughters. He's happy for a few minutes of escape.

I did run romex inside of the walls for the light and the ceiling fan. Its just stubbed out and has an end on it like and extension cord. All tank related wiring will be externally mounted which I expect to be fairly simple. Some cheap timers and a DJ power strip for mixing pumps etc..

I spent the evening laying out the tanks and electrical. Im going to have just enough room to work and breathe. It will be a semi-tight fit. I should have all the tanks running and tied into the display in three weeks. :)

Wow, Duane, that's very exciting. If you need the kind of help that weak people can provide, like holding doors open or whatever, give me a shout. :lol:

My wife is happy now. No more frag tank in the garage. Viola! One day a concrete floor. The next day its a tank room. The electrical panel needs alot of work.
tankroomwithwater001.jpg

tankroomwithwater004.jpg

I love that tank with the faux background. Are you gonna set it up again?

As of now Im going to use it as a large refugium. Iv'e factored in the back wall as part of my overall LR for the system. Nomercymike was talking about a trade for a 50G along with some LR but I havent heard back form him.
Id bet he has to convince his wife its a good thing. :lol:

Damn...that was fast...you're way more ontop of things then me...let me know if you need a hand with anything...i owe you BIG TIME!

Well, for now, everything in the room is done. I have all of the tanks plumbed and temporarily wired. When I add the 210 I will put three of the four dedicated circuits in the new pump house and move about 10 GFCI's out there with them.. The display is super quiet. I think IM happier than my wife about that part of this whole build. I hope to turn in my order for the 210 early next month provided Im finished installing a friends new system.

Here's a few more pics

Im already thinking of upgrading both of my reactors.
tankroomfullthrottle008-1.jpg

The cheato ball from two fuges looks so tiny in the 65G.
tankroomfullthrottle002.jpg

tankroomfullthrottle003.jpg

Back