210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If I can only make up my mind on what I want to do with it 1st LOL.

You will truly be happiest if you keep it as you were planning. Everyone needs a hobby. If I wasnt doing this, I'd be tinkering on a hot rod in the garage.

Oh, sorry guys. The pink stylo has only been fragged four times in as many years. I dont see it happening any time soon. :p

You will truly be happiest if you keep it as you were planning. Everyone needs a hobby. If I wasnt doing this, I'd be tinkering on a hot rod in the garage.

Yeah I know I will be. Everything is there for it to be. With this new parenting stuff I will be going through I just don't know if I can do the up keep for pristine condition for my corals at least for a year or 2. I also felt this way when we bought our house. I thought I would have to give up everything but we managed and we still do the things we used to just less of it LOL. We'll see once my baby arrives and if everything goes well.

Yeah I know I will be. Everything is there for it to be. With this new parenting stuff I will be going through I just don't know if I can do the up keep for pristine condition for my corals at least for a year or 2. I also felt this way when we bought our house. I thought I would have to give up everything but we managed and we still do the things we used to just less of it LOL. We'll see once my baby arrives and if everything goes well.

The first year is the easiest. Sure there are the mid night wake ups but they sleep a lot and they aren't mobile.

I was messing around with the camera today.
Here are a few of my favorite shots
photoshopped4.jpg

photoshopped1.jpg

newone.jpg

photoshopped6.jpg

I cant get myself to take a FTS right now. There is a good one on page 12 I beleieve...... Everything is looking quite browned out after my Tech-M treatment. I thought I made it through without a single loss and maybe I did, since then though, things are looking bad and acros are dieing left and right. I tossed two fist sized colonies into my recycle bucket yesterday alone.

Unfortunately, I wont be going to Cali until next spring at the soonest. I can guarantee you though, the next time my family goes. I will be with them.

Looks great . I think its a little crowded though but im sure i could help with that LOL jk looks great :D

AS most here know, I broke down the reef along with most of the equipment.
Here is what the tank looks like now.
2010_07_14_1381newones.jpg

Not all FW fish are boring

2010_07_14_1412newones.jpg

2010_07_14_1407newones.jpg

2010_07_14_1411newones.jpg

Way to go Duane and Boy-O-Boy does this bring some memories of past tanks. I guess its my turn to come over for a visit again and check it out the progress in person.

Todd

Thanks guys. Discus are honestly one fish Ive always found to be on the boring side. My wife loves them and now that I'm looking at them closely, IM finding so many varieties that werent around ten years ago I'm enjoying them. The two in the pics were my choices.

If you want a hook up for some great discus bred locally in Seattle, let me know and I'll shoot you the contact info. He's got quite the freshwater breeding setup at his place.

ps...the tank looks great

There was a guy up in the north end that I bought a few from, about 20 years ago.
Macs Discus.
Had colors I liked, plus his grew to some pretty amazing sizes.

I was talking with him today.

IM horrible with names but am pretty sure it's Jim at Mac's Discus in Woodinville. IM looking forward to paying him a visit.

that tank looks great Duane! Love the layout and use of the wood. Now you got me thinking about freshwater planted again....no, nevermind lol

Back