210 In Wall

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dang sanjay.
Looks great. Pix and tank.

Ur la scroll caught my eye in the 1st set of pix.
Do u take a lot of pix? Like 100s to get ur goods? Or r u just good? Lol
Thxs for sharing
D

cropset-5896_zps8f99aed1.jpg

This is my new Apex mounting frame.
IMG_5977_zpsc95ab821.jpg

And my new DIY top down camera portal.
IMG_6861_zpsaafce32e.jpg

IMG_6808_zpse2c89cb8.jpg

Last but not least................ The Seahawks wall.
IMG_6151_zpsec1b8d73.jpg

The boy is my son, the girls are two of my neices

Dang sanjay.
Looks great. Pix and tank.

Ur la scroll caught my eye in the 1st set of pix.
Do u take a lot of pix? Like 100s to get ur goods? Or r u just good? Lol
Thxs for sharing
D

I used to take 100 pics and get three good ones. Now I take 50 and keep 20. I used to use multiple settings for each coral and now I know what I need to get good pics but still take several each time I shoot a single coral. I could actually have at least a 50% keep rate but old habits are hard to break. I've had eight years of practice and my "wifes" camera's are getting nicer than the years go by.

Stellar close ups .
I see you got to making your lens jig. How do ya like it? Proto type? What would ya change?
Looks like you are on top of your game.

Thanks for the share

Stellar close ups .
I see you got to making your lens jig. How do ya like it? Proto type? What would ya change?
Looks like you are on top of your game.

Thanks for the share

Thanks!
I really like the lens portal. The only thing I would do different is to make the end cover stay closer to the lens at all times.
My tank is doing great right now.

Thanks!
I really like the lens portal. The only thing I would do different is to make the end cover stay closer to the lens at all times.
My tank is doing great right now.

The pics u posted up are proof of that. Great job

How much time did ya have in the lens jig an hour? 2??

dang. you do take some sweet pictures. you will have to come over to my house and take some pictures for me. super clean. your reef tank looks super nice

How much time did ya have in the lens jig an hour? 2??

About 15 minutes. The set screws are self tappers that I drove through the 3" ABS coupler with the screw gun. Then I backed them out and rounded off the ends on my belt sander. Afterward I glued a piece of scrap acrylic on one end and cleaned it up with my router. On the first one I used weldon 16 but it leaked. I used E-6000 for the second one.

About 15 minutes. The set screws are self tappers that I drove through the 3" ABS coupler with the screw gun. Then I backed them out and rounded off the ends on my belt sander. Afterward I glued a piece of scrap acrylic on one end and cleaned it up with my router. On the first one I used weldon 16 but it leaked. I used E-6000 for the second one.

Sweet.
Seems like I almost insulted you on the time line. LOL I factored in a trip to the hardware store... yea thats it , A trip to the hardware store. LOL

I used to take 100 pics and get three good ones. Now I take 50 and keep 20. I used to use multiple settings for each coral and now I know what I need to get good pics but still take several each time I shoot a single coral. I could actually have at least a 50% keep rate but old habits are hard to break. I've had eight years of practice and my "wifes" camera's are getting nicer than the years go by.

Tank looks really nice Duane.

I'm really bad at taking pictures, and the bulk of that is probably because I haven't taken any real time to learn or practice (but then again, as bad as they are, I may never get anywhere near good at it). One of the things that always gives me trouble it seems it trying to get a decent angle where I don't block the light enough that I end up with shots that would 'need' the flash. Are you doing anything special to deal with that, or is it just a matter of getting the correct angle?

Tank looks really nice Duane.

I'm really bad at taking pictures, and the bulk of that is probably because I haven't taken any real time to learn or practice (but then again, as bad as they are, I may never get anywhere near good at it). One of the things that always gives me trouble it seems it trying to get a decent angle where I don't block the light enough that I end up with shots that would 'need' the flash. Are you doing anything special to deal with that, or is it just a matter of getting the correct angle?

No angle at all. You have to keep the camera absolutely straight to the glass or acrylic. If your shooting top downs you have to turn off all the flow, block the light and adjust the shutter speed to let more light in. I recently made the lens portal posted above which lets me set the lens just under the water line and shoot from anywhere without the lights reflecting back into the camera. I used to be good at top downs with MH fixtures but with LED's there are too may points of light to avoid. A DSLR camera is a must for awesome pics. Especially anything resembling a macro picture. I've been practicing for eight years with our DSLR and we are on our second Canon which is twice the camera as our first one which makes good pictures even easier.

I'm glad that everyone here is enjoying the updates and thank you for the compliments. Some of my corals are growing like weeds. My green slimer was only a frag nine months ago and is just shy of ten inches right now.

WOW you definitely upgraded since I last saw your tank. Insanely sweet pics.!.!.! still drooling at your close-ups

Ill be over in the next couple weeks for my camera portal and my frags!!! Looks great

Your tank looks great! Impressive photo's as well.

How are you liking the Jebao's?

WOW you definitely upgraded since I last saw your tank. Insanely sweet pics.!.!.! still drooling at your close-ups

When was the last time you saw it? Before the breakdown or last spring?

DBM Reef said:
Ill be over in the next couple weeks for my camera portal and my frags!!! Looks great

I think your have to waiit Jesse. I dont have too many frags ready quite yet. I do however need to make some spare change for my trip to Macna this year.

Maxx said:
Your tank looks great! Impressive photo's as well.

How are you liking the Jebao's?
I think the Jebao's are a great product for the price. I hacked mine into my apex so they are synced with my Tunze's. They have more flow but at the same time are louder than them. Since adding them though, I'm getting better growth in all my corals due to the extra flow.

Back