210 shark/reef tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well my service got pushed back to this afternoon so hopefully this evening i will have teh net back at the house. This is so annoying!!

UPDATE-

Well its been awhile and i still haven't posted any pics of my tank which i really love. The aquascape is better then i drew out. I am taking pics with my new camera tonight and i will post what i can later on tonight.

I hope you guys are going to like it. Heck i even still have pics of the old cracked tank to post.

I have been stocking my tank with corals like crazy. I have been buying frags like they are going out of style and knock on wood they have all been doing well so far.

I am planning to upgrade from a 4' 2x250w w/ T5 actinics to a 6' 3x400w w/ VHO actinics in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait.

I hope you guys like my new setup.

Pics tonight i Promise!!

Okay i know its late but my wife and i decided to get a bunny so we have been playing with it all night but i did take pictures of the new tank.

Photobucket is either really slow tonight or my pictures are gonna be huge. Either way here are pics of the reaquascaped tank.

Orange Digitata
tankandrabbit012.jpg

Not Sure??
tankandrabbit011.jpg

tankandrabbit010.jpg

tankandrabbit009.jpg

Birdsnest
tankandrabbit007.jpg

Gonipora
tankandrabbit006.jpg

zoanthids??
tankandrabbit005.jpg

Rics
tankandrabbit004.jpg

Center Island
tankandrabbit003.jpg

Hammer Coral
tankandrabbit002.jpg

Tank
tankandrabbit001.jpg

Heres our new rabbit...We named him Chubbs

tankandrabbit024.jpg

I'm gonna try photobucket again tomorrow for the ones with the cracked tank.

Hope you guys like the pics.

Nick

Wow i forgot all about this thread. I haven't been on here lately.

Tank has really changed since those pictures. Growth is really noticeable.

I'll try and get some new pics up on here.

Okay,

Sorry i haven't been on here much lately but a ton has changed with my tank. I decided to go SPS on my 210 but i didn't want to get rid of my softies and LPS so i decided to setup a second tank. I now have a 42 hex that is mainly coral and inverts and only a couple of tiny fish. Now i know and you guys know that i am horrible about sharing my pictures but i have good news. I am about to post some pics of my tank as soon as they are done uploading on photobucket.

I am thinking about adding another 210 to the mix to kinda act as a room divider in the basement. This won't happen for a few years or so but i like the idea a lot as its going to be a FOWLR until i get that itch to blow a ton of money and turn it into a reef(god i hope not!).

Well be patient as the pictures take a while to upload onto photobucket.

Nick

Well here they are. Now if you read a couple pages back i had a disaster happen and my 210 cracked from corner to corner. I basically lost everything including my favoriate fish that i had for 6yrs. My beloved blue hippo tang. He will be missed. Here are a few shots of the tank. we taped up the crack before we moved the tank out. It literally went from corner to corner. What a mess that was. I would never wish something like this on anyone.

Tankbeforeandaftercrash003.jpg

Tankbeforeandaftercrash002.jpg

Tankbeforeandaftercrash001.jpg

Well a week later thatnks to a LFS near me, i go the tank back up and running you can see those pics above in the post i did a while ago. Thanks again Matt! (sho tank aquariums).

Like i said though in my earlier post i transformed my 210 into a SPS dominated tank and i started a 42 hex for softies and LPS. Here are some pics. I hope you guys like them.

aqaurium061.jpg

aqaurium060.jpg

aqaurium059.jpg

aqaurium056.jpg

aqaurium054.jpg

aqaurium051.jpg

aqaurium050.jpg

aqaurium049.jpg

aqaurium042.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks,

I plan on finishing the stocking list in the next two weeks. I am also ditching the clamp on 150 and going up to a 250w SE 20k to get some more color back in the corals. Normally i would take it slow but since we are having Christams Eve at the house this year i really want to show off my tank.

Those pics even though they are recent are not completely up to date. I have a lot more clams and a lot of cleaner shrimp in there. Plus all types of urchins and crabs. My main goal with the hex was to do a low flow tank for my LPS and Softies because i could see that many of them were not enjoying the increase in flow. So i dedicated theis tank to them. Then i decided i wanted to fill it with all the little critters you would see in the ocean like shrimp, urchins, scallops, and clams. Then i decided that the tank looked good but i need to see some more movement in the tank so idecided to add a couple of fish with some really amazing color. I was thinking about adding a small (i mean tiny) tang to the tank that once it got too big for that tank i would just add it to my 210 but its hard to find small tangs.

Well thanks again!

Nick

Back