240 Donkey Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beautiful tank and setup Brian!!! You've done a terrific job with it!:)

Tank is coming along nicely, guess it was about time to thread up a new one because the other was rather long, sorta like most of Krishes

Har-dee-har-har!! :p

Thank ye sir. She is the "aesthetic advisor". When I failed in my stacking ability she said "here, let me do it" and took over while I supervised and drank beer.

We'll see about the livestock choices. I think almost anything can work in the short term, it's the long haul that I'm worried about.

I just gave mine the rock and said go for it, and left the room.:D :D :D

WOW!! that is nice..that looks like a ton of work went into the stand and plumbing!!!! tell your wife she did a very nice job on the aquascaping!!

Thanks Ron, I figured you'd like the tang as well. I hope to add at least two more. Probably a Sohal and a purple (will add when almost done stocking). If I had the balls I'd do an Achilles, but I don't think that would be a good match with my hippo.

Beautiful tank and setup Brian!!! You've done a terrific job with it!:)

Thanks man. If you had this tank in the Bahamas your electric bill would be $1000/month. Plus bribes to the customs officials!

Thanks Ron, I figured you'd like the tang as well. I hope to add at least two more. Probably a Sohal and a purple (will add when almost done stocking). If I had the balls I'd do an Achilles, but I don't think that would be a good match with my hippo.

I put my money on a achiles doing better with a hippo than a sohal. the 8 feet will help.

I put my money on a achiles doing better with a hippo than a sohal. the 8 feet will help.

You might be right actually. All the same it's probably best not to tempt fate. I did see one in Petco of all places a few months ago and was really tempted, knowing some idiot was probably going to bring it home to his goldfish bowl, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take on the challenge.

I have had mine for 2.5 years. He's in with a blonde naso and a red sea purple, and everybody gets along great.

IMG_5325.JPG.JPG
[/IMG]

I am not going to suggest that you run out and get one, but I think with a little TLC, you could get one. Brad is right, 8' is alot of swimming space, and believe me they are swimmers. Good luck!!

tank is coming along great!!!! i know what you mean because i have to get a nice show fish for mine too.

tank is coming along great!!!! i know what you mean because i have to get a nice show fish for mine too.

Yeah, my fish are nice and all, but you've really gotta have one or two nice big "wow" fish in there as well :)

Wow, really nice setup. The sump under the house is real "slick" idea.
:)

Brian VERY nice tank! You did it Donkey style:D
Guess I should snap some pics of the new tank too.:oops:

Thanks guys, that's how I get my name, heh heh...

Tank looks spectacular! I didn't catch it but what exactly is pinky? It looks so cool! I also like your star polyps too! Tank is really coming along nicely!

Pinkie is some type of urchin, can't remember which. Very similar to a tuxedo urchin, she goes around collecting anything she can get her sticky tentacles on. One time I saw her moving across the tank with a hermit crab strapped to her back. The crab was just sitting there kicking, it was funny. He got carjacked.

wwooouu i'm just checking your thread and woouu i love the tank, you've been doing a really good good job dood .......seriously i like it :)

Back