240g build 4'x4'x2' cube masterpiece!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

I Built this tank for My Dad. It is a 240 gallon cue 48''x48''x25'' it is constructed of 3/4'' cast acrylic sides, front and back and 1/2'' bottom and euorbrace. I designed a coast to coast design overflow and closed loop intake to incorporate his needs for his water flow. it has two 16''x8'' corner overflows with a 15''x24'' closed loop intake screen which is removable, creating a full coast to coast design.

hear are some pictures of the tank.

first the only pic of me working on the tank (my wife snuck it when I wasnt looking)
9-04010.jpg

240build018.jpg

240build027.jpg

These pictures focus on the joints, showing the clearity of them.
240build012.jpg

240build015.jpg

240build022.jpg

240build010-1.jpg

these pictures show the overflow boxes and the custom closed loop screen as well as the closed loop intake manifold.
240build020.jpg

240build021.jpg

240build025.jpg

240build030.jpg

240build026.jpg

Yes I am a lucky man. This tank is awesome the quality is outstanding sure surpassed my expectations. It has virtually zero bow when completely full. Now time for a stand and canopy will start on them today.

Awesome looking tank! Cubes are cool and that sounds like it is an excellent size and layout!

Matt,
that looks stunning! Great workmanship and attention to detail....

What are you keeping in here Fairlan? What are you planning to use to run the closed loop? How are the closed loop outlets going to be positioned?

Nick

Matt,
that looks stunning! Great workmanship and attention to detail....

What are you keeping in here Fairlan? What are you planning to use to run the closed loop? How are the closed loop outlets going to be positioned?

Nick

Thanks nick!

He is running a hammerhead with an OM 8way with 6 nozzels over the top and 2 throuh the OFB's. I believe he will be using revolutions on the top 6 nozzels. It will be great for a full blown sps reef!

Cheers
Matt

some more quality work by you Matt.

Hey you stole my idea for the closed loop intake screen which is removable

When I was talking to the guy who built my 630 I was trying to explain that and he could not get it.

Looks great!

some more quality work by you Matt.

Hey you stole my idea for the closed loop intake screen which is removable

When I was talking to the guy who built my 630 I was trying to explain that and he could not get it.

Looks great!

thanks James,

it is simple, looks good and is very effective for a closed loop and no losing fish to the intake!!!!

Matt

thanks James,

it is simple, looks good and is very effective for a closed loop and no losing fish to the intake!!!!

Matt

Ok ok mine was a little different I said slots about 6 inches from the top so there was plenty of water flowing, you have holes, I like the idea of holes better, I hope they do not get clogged.

The reason behind my slots 6 inches from top: If I ever had a issue I would only lose 6 inches of water intead of entire tank.

Also I was planning on putting my pipes for the supply and return(s) through the closed loop over flow. That way all pipes would go through the bottom of the tank instead of the back of it or around the tank.

Two great ideas from two people making it better for everyone. Either way it looks great and it is only going to get better.

Back