426gal L shape build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

for all you know i just drove into some neighborhood while no one was around and took pics of someone else's house...

passed 3 of 4 inspections today, first 3 were there at 9am and passed no issues at all. That 4th, the electrical, oh hes a little turd, same guy that failed us first time for wrong ladder, finally strolled in around 3:30.

He proceeds to fail us and posts the letter to the elec box and leaves. Sounds innocent enough except the builder and my wife were there, he talks to neither of them about what is wrong, doesnt even tell them hes done with the inspection, just sneaks out and leaves. Wasnt till about and hour after he was gone that they noticed he wasnt there any more... Nonetheless our electrician had a late night fixing a romex, whatever that is so we could be ready for tomorrow.

Romex = standard house electrical wiring, the stuff you see running through all the walls.

I'm remodeling a hospital right now that's WAAAAAY behind schedule. There are three floors with patient rooms, floors 3, 4, and 5. They cut each one in half, demolished and rebuilt one side of each, then moved all patients into the new side and repeated everything on the old side. So third floor was "turned over" 6-8 weeks ago. 4th floor, 3 weeks ago. 5th floor has failed inspection no less than 4 times, always for piddly things. One time, the nurse call system (think "that button next to your bed to call the nurse") was missing a call cord. Seriously, those things are $10 items that every hospital has hundreds of. That's like failing a bathroom remodel because there was no toilet paper. Anyway, just as everyone's completely exhausted from all the changes through 4 failures... everyone finally sees light at the end of the tunnel, we got everything right this time. Then, at the very end of the test, the inspector decides he doesn't like the caulking around one piece of sheet rock inside the air duct (these are ducts are sheet rock plenums because they're so large), so he fails the entire floor.

The general contractor was completely deflated. There's NO WAY they're going to make their June 30 deadline, when they can't even get 5th floor patients into the new side in order to demolish and rebuild the first side still! Liquidated damages come in a $1,000 per bed, per day for every day the project is late. :)

But the fire alarm was fine. :p

I was just kidding about the shoe off thing sorry you took of personal I'm sure u earned your beautiful home.

What I don't understand is why does your house have to go through a utility test for you to have an aquarium?

Sorry I haven't read over the whole thread!

I'd the tank at your business or something?

Surely soeone didn't come to your house and tell u u had the wrong ladder!

trillyen,

I believe utility test and aquarium are two separate issues...without a safe and properly inspected home there is NO aquarium (unfortunately) :)

I wish some one would try to tell me that I couldn't have am aquarium n my house I'd look at them and laugh

Thats dumb to let someone tell you u can't have an aquarium IMO of course surely i

If he can afford a house that nice surely he can afford the right wiring LOL

i feel there may be some confusion in all this. We havent failed anything because of an aquarium. We have failed inspections for completely unrelated issues. Like someone else said, no inspections no aquarium because we cant live there till then.

Everything has been done right, it just took some arm twisting to get it done. We just passed our final inspection and will be moving in tonight!

we are pretty much all moved in. Spent all night tue and all day wed unpacking, moving, etc. Running on 0 sleep

Already put a 155 gal custom set up i built into my house haha. A friend of mine goes to Japan for 2 years so i get to baby sit. His bubble king SM 200 worked its magic and pulled about 2 gallons of sludge out and tank is crystal clear again. One yellow tang is RIP now though and was the only loss, water got to hot to fast for him we think.

I took pics, but no internet at house yet to upload them with.

a few pic from the house, we are really close to being finally settled, just a few small things left to do other than the big tank
155 gallon ill be watching for the next 2 years for a friend. This is also going to be the fish equipment room on the right wall. I like that the tank will get lots of natural sunlight.
patricktank2.jpg

patricktank.jpg

Bubble King supermarine 200 2 hours after set up
BKSM200.jpg

The living room, i think it came out pretty close to my original drawings. sofa is alot bigger than thought though.
Livingroom.jpg

My 30lb Savannah is still skidish from the move, hes starting to come downstairs more
Catsronewhouse.jpg

its a hybrid cat called a savannah. He is part african serval. There is very little typical house cat in him. I also have 2 bengals which are part asian leopards.

its a hybrid cat called a savannah. He is part african serval. There is very little typical house cat in him. I also have 2 bengals which are part asian leopards.

I have a bengal as well. Great cats. Lots of personality!

We are also thinking about getting a savannah when we move. How is yours with furniture? Is he mostly an inside cat, or does he go outdoors as well?

Your new house is fantastic dood any pics on the out side finished product yet i.e. garden last pic is a building site lol.:)

Ill get an update pic, but there still isnt any sod in yet so it looks just like before just with driveway finished.

As for the savannah, he is the most behaved of the 3 cats. Im sure this has little to do with the savannah part and more just with his calm personality. But if you love how your bengals act, i assure you that youll love how savannahs act. There is a local breeder to me that breeds just fantastic litters after liters of savannahs, take a look at sanuraexotics.com

man ive really dropped the ball on updates here havent i. Ill try and sum up the last month.

Its official, i hate yards, i did however get to cut the grass in the back yard, didnt take long as it was only a 12"x12" area
Grass.jpg

All of our trees were finally delivered, and are now planted. For about a week we had no tv/phone/internet at the house because they buried the cable 2" below the surface so when landscapers dug in, they cut it. It wasnt the landscapers fault, the cable is supposed to be 18" down.
newtrees.jpg

pic of backyard all strawed and seeded up, i get to run around with multiple sprinklers each night trying to water it enough. Luckily front yard will be sod and sprinkler system in it.
backyardstraw.jpg

Some tank update,
Alot of the accessories have arrived, but not all. Id say about half the needed things are now here
newtankgoods.jpg

Ive also set up 2-100 gallon rubbermaid tubs for preparation for the move.

Ive got a 125 gallon at the shop still that i will begin breaking down and moving into these bins. one bin is almost full already and havent touched the 125 yet.
newtanktubs.jpg

Here is a shoot from about a year ago, since then everything pretty much grown all together
JPG0001.jpg

Back