5.7 Gal Nano Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

In the next couple of days, I have to build the refugium first, I will test the main display this week, but I won't start cycling till I can afford to buy the acrylic for the refugium and the heater... Ya, I'm that broke so as to have to wait on $43 of material. lol

Ya, but I wish I didn't have to stretch the whole process to 5 or 6 day gaps... I'm too impatient!!!!

There is officially tap water in the tank... And with no leaks  My apartment counter is a bit unlevel though.

2ffbff89.jpg

Lol smiley, with a table saw and a sander you could have one in a jiffy. I'm seriously surprised how well it came out. Looks pretty clean and professional.

Krylon fusion bonds quite well to acrylic. If you cant find that, rustolium also makes one that bonds to plastics, but its quite expensive as its marketed as spray that bonds to 'everything'

Krylon fusion bonds quite well to acrylic. If you cant find that, rustolium also makes one that bonds to plastics, but its quite expensive as its marketed as spray that bonds to 'everything'

Yea, Krylon is what I used for my glass and so far, it seems to hold well. :)

Not much progress, but I did get the overflow area painted. I'm having to wait on two pieces of plumbing because my current solution requires too much room.

437c0e02.jpg

ba2a4e0a.jpg

Not salt water, but it makes me feel closer.

4eec3c3a.jpg

1c6e691a.jpg

3185247e.jpg

I am really impressed with how quiet the Mini-Jet pumps are. With everything turned off in my apartment, I have to put my ear to the tank to hear a thing.

Last edited:
Ya, custom LED. 3 cool blue and 3 white Cree's. I have to figure the fixture for it though...

Well, I got a little time yesterday and soldered up my lights. Now I just need to build something to hang them with.

0b15328d.jpg

0b82b1c3.jpg

d25f3307.jpg

Maybe I should have titled this thread the slow motion build, since it's taken me 4 months and I still haven't started cycling!

Back