500 Gallon SPS Dominant Zeovit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not much of an update but positive things are happening to the tank.

I can officially say that all fish are breathing normal and eating well. I had purchased a product called Bio Mate to aid in my phosphate problem which I tried with the LaCl and failed miserably.

Before the Bio Mate my phosphates were around .32-.35 on the Hanna Checker. I have been using it about a week now and today they were tested at .21. My Nitrates are still hovering around 5-10 ppms and I am cool with that as they are sorta assisting with lowering the phosphates. Will update in about another week to see where all the readings will be. I am awaiting the zeoheads input on my progress and adjusting to my dosing regiment.

Great news! Please keep updating you phosphate results along the way.

Great news! Please keep updating you phosphate results along the way.

I am conflicting numbers with my testers. I compared the hanna to my red sea and the readings are .10 off between the two of them. I will test at local LFS to see which test kit is faulty or if its human error.

I am conflicting numbers with my testers. I compared the hanna to my red sea and the readings are .10 off between the two of them. I will test at local LFS to see which test kit is faulty or if its human error.

If you like I can bring my Hanna 93713 PO4 meter to the meeting. Not sure what your using but this has an Accuracy ±0.04 mg/L ±4% of reading.

Yesterday I went over the previous owners house and picked up the rest of the plumbing for the tank and a few more items.

I got a Schuran calcium reactor and co2 tank.
amu8y7aj.jpg

An a profilux doser.
erubage3.jpg

We got to my place and moved the tank from here
he7y9yde.jpg

To here:
pamebajy.jpg

I just filled the tank to test the closed loo which is not leaking and added Prime to the water to get the rest of the bleach smell out of the rocks. I will be doing 100% daily water changes on the tank until the smell goes away which shouldn't take more than a few days. I will post a video later of the closed loop on operation.

Sent from my Reef using Tapatalk. Yeaaaaa Boi!!!

Back