520g Peninsula Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I personally really like the bubble blaster pumps. Look into a bubble blaster 5000, they also released a DC version of it too

I recently put 2 psk-1000's on an swc250 cone and am impressed with the large, creamy foam column and even when I tune it dry its like dry egg whites. Iheard the askol is a better option instead of the dual sicce, but I can't see how it can get any better then this!

Thanks! I think I'm going to try to run the MRC, and depending on how it does I may pull the trigger on pumps for the other two skimmers. With the price of the Sicce pumps, I could almost just get a hammerhead for the big beckett, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

WOW! Ami, that's one impressive fish list of Tangs. Maybe you should save room for my Blochi though, as have decided to stay small with my 125g for now and he/she will soon outgrow it. 6"+ now and if I can catch it sometime in next few months would love to see it go into your system. I'm back to Kauai, HI in October and if I can catch another small one to replace it, he/she is yours if wanted.

Cheers, Todd

Update

Okay, it's been a while since I've had a minute to post an update so here it is! We spent past week filling the 520, doing ~65g water changes on our current DT and pumping the used water into the new tank. We also received the lights and got them mounted, then rehung the cabinetry on the canopy. After looking at pictures I'm noticing a bit of a shadow caused by the stocky centerbrace on this tank :( It looks prominent from the pictures, but to the naked eye it's barely visible - so I'm not sure if we're going to bother with moving lights around yet. The pictures with the lights on during the filling process are running at 100% whites/100% blues just to play with it. The pictures following that are on the factory ramp up/down setting, so they're somewhere in between.

The MRC after an hour of running in the sump room...

From the end of the tank, water is still a bit cloudy and the iPhone makes the spotlight pop - it doesn't actually look so uneven.

Heh... Yeah I guess it could be worse. I'm pretty happy with how it's coming out, I wish I could take pictures that represent how it really looks.

Tank is looking great! Just gotta go through the cycle and you can start stocking that bad boy

Thanks! I'm going to let it run for a couple weeks, then I'm going to transfer my rock and coral over. It will be 8 weeks after that before this tank sees fish, I'm going to be running everyone through a preventative quarantine just because I can. It will give the tank time to stabilize too.

Ami that is going to be the most beautiful tank in Whatcom county and probably Washington! I can't wait to see it once you have put all of your big beautiful fish in there along with your corals and inverts. It will be stunning!

Once you tank is stabile and all up and running you need to host an open house/ BBQ so we can all come see the tank and drool on your floors.

Cant wait to see the progress :whistle:

I have a 72x48x27 and love the 4 foot depth, have 2 extra feet would :jaw:

Very nice indeed

I'll try to get some update pictures on here soon. I've been pretty busy lately! I have coral and inverts in the tank and everything is doing great so far, hopefully my stuff will be here tomorrow to hook up the Ca reactor this weekend, worst case scenario it will be next week.

Finally some updated pictures! Here's a little walk around the tank.

Not the greatest but you get the idea. I'm a little light on coral at the moment, it takes a lot to fill a tank this size! Everything that I have though is doing really well.

Got a lot of work done in the sump room, it's now fully enclosed and insulated. We're keeping it at 70 degrees pretty easily. Utility sink is plumbed in, water change barrels are in, got a 300g vertical water tank for storage of RO water (not hooked up yet), skimmer is doing great. I also have a 125g 6' quarantine tank set up where my future refugium will be.

Will try to get some livestock updates on here as well for those of you that like fish pictures!:bounce:

Back