520g Peninsula Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yes, it was the first thing I put in the tank - both as a test and to seed the new rock and sand with pods and other micro-organisms. It's going to be there until my 210 is torn down and in place as the new refugium.

Sorry it took so long, but here are some less-than-spectacular iPhone pictures of some of my crew. I mean it, one of these days I'll invest in a nice camera! :)

Fowleri

Sohal

Quoyi Parrot

Powder Blue

Powder Blue Hybrid

P. navarchus changing

Blue Star leopard (changing?)

Blonde Naso

Achilles

Lieutenant

Foxface

Male Lyretail

Right now the fish are spread out among several good sized quarantine tanks and the remnants of my old 210 display. I gutted it when I moved the coral and some rock to the 520, so it's not too pretty right now. These guys are all happy and eager to get into their new home!

really nice looking fish you have there. i really like the fowleri tang. too bad it gets up to 20 inches long. way to big for me. i also have a 4 foot by 8 foot tank. how big is he now and how long have you had it.

Its looking good. That is one of my dream tank in a very far future. Thanks for sharing with us. What's a beautiful set up!

I loooove peninsulas! just finished building my 40b peninsula and will be watching yours progess as you post. Amazing fish btw!

Sweet fish and sweet build! Thanks for sharing :music: I love how much grow out space you have even after all those huge rocks were placed. Cheers!!!

Totally awesome set up! Interested to know if your able to measure any phosphate from the pukani rock now? Lantham Chloride will remove it as well, RC sucks but has a good write up about lantham chloride. Pukani is great rock Id like to use some but was concerned about the phosphate issue as well.

I'm really happy with the Pukani, it still looks great and I'm starting to see pink and red coralline popping up everywhere. I have no measurable phosphates, but I'm running GFO to counter anything the Pukani might be leeching into the water.

On another note, I have a couple fish in the DT now and they are doing great so far - will try to get some time to put up pictures later. Life got really crazy around thanksgiving, hopefully things settle down in the next couple weeks. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Hey everybody, sorry about the lack of updates! Life has been really crazy lately.

I took a quick iPhone video of the tank tonight during feeding time. All of the fish are in minus some clowns, and my nitrates are hanging out around 2 so I'm pretty happy. There's an HD version but the quality still isn't that great, like I said it's a cellphone vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...jHoA&feature=youtube_gdata_player&app=desktop

Currently dealing with some aggression issues from the Asfur, but that's been tapering off so I'm hoping I won't need to remove him. He's been harassing the large tangs oddly enough, ignores the small regal and majestic angels completely. The tangs all get along fairly well though the sohal gives the PBT a slight chase now and then. Really no aggression to report otherwise.

As you can see, the tank is going through the cyano phase. I'm not measuring phosphates via test kits, but I changed out my GFO anyway and it seems to be receding now. Still pretty lightly stocked on the coral side of things, I wanted to make sure my parameters were stable with fish in the tank. Also, we've ordered some dosing equipment and bulk supplements and are ditching the Ca reactor for now. We're also talking about getting a new, bigger, custom sump since the one the tank came with is tiny - only 100g. Hope everybody is having a good new year so far!

Oh, and yes, the vortechs are LOUD!

Back