60 gallon frag system build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sorry, no water yet. It will be a few months before that.
I think that controller will work fine. Im looking to get my fans this week and finish up the wiring. I have two more receptacles to install and then I can skin it and start painting next week hopefully. I need get the paint on before it gets to cold down here.
Once that's done, I can move it into the house and start plumbing and such.

thanks Mark.
Sorry for the delay in pictures. A lot has happened in the few days since I updated this.
I finished the skin and am now ready to start sanding and getting it ready for paint.
I would upload the pictures but my daughter's friend visited and decided my USB wire was hers and took it! $#&$!!
So, there will be a slight delay in proof. :D
I will break out the mini video camera tomorrow after church and see if I can figure out how to use it.

Haha! Sounds good Frankie! Atleast you will have something to show! Still waiting on my rock. Sounds like next weekend again. :rolleyes:

My advice is, a flashlight, small boat and fast paddling to get your rock buddy :D
Sometimes I miss having a tank running so bad I can smell the saltwater. My wife says Im nuts and the smell is real because we live on an island :D

My advice is, a flashlight, small boat and fast paddling to get your rock buddy :D
Sometimes I miss having a tank running so bad I can smell the saltwater. My wife says Im nuts and the smell is real because we live on an island :D

:lol: That's pretty bad! LOL!

Got my wire back!
Here area few updated pictures of the skin. I will post some more tomorrow in better light.
010-1.jpg

012.jpg

Hey everyone, thanks for the complements :)
Krish, I plan on painting it with a cup gun. The inside stuff will be white and the skin will be a blue my wife likes. I am going for that smooth gloss car paint job look.
Then I can bring it inside and start to trim it out, install doors and start to build my sump design.
Everything is in place for the use of zeovit right to the inside hight for easy access and pumping the zeoreactor.
Here are a few new pictures from today.
Im still wiring up some receptacles
001.jpg

003-1.jpg

Scott has been a big help in teaching me how things work by code.
Here is where I will have my return pump up front.
I will be using a quiet on for 1300 gph.
002.jpg

Under the canopy I will be trimming it out in some type of wood. The flat area will be white right up to the glass shield
005-1.jpg

the return will go up into the chiller here and be returned from there across the tank and back up.
The chiller is completely cut off from the sump area now other then the input and output.
008.jpg

Not much more to add right now. I need to get it all filled and sanded for paint by the end of this week before it gets to cold and I need heaters.
Sorry for the crappy cell shots.

Bumpity bump bump....

Am I gong to have to get in my truck and drive over there to take another look and see what you are up to??? :D Did you get the painting booth made yet?

Yep, the paint booth is built. Unfortunately the cup gun my friend lent me is shot, so I will need to buy a new one after all.
I'll have some pictures up after the holidays and I get some work done.
Thanks for stopping in Chris. Your always welcome to drop on by :)

Back