75 up and running

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinoue

Picked up a 75 gallon on craigslist with a veneer finished plywood stand. Cleaned out the tank, painted the back black with spray paint, and set it up

75 gallon all glass aquarium black background
Eheim Pro II canister with surface skimmer intake
Fluval 305 canister with surface skimmer intake
Koralia Evo 600
Koralia Evo 1150
Glass tank lids
Eheim Pro TruTemp Heater

50lbs of dry rock (started with a single 8lb piece of live rock)
40 pounds of oolite, 20 pounds of generic white neutral sand

I'm taking pics when I get home tonight and I will figure out how to add them to this post

I'm looking for some people who would be willing to donate a live rock or two to the cause. I'm having a hard time getting my ammonia down after I gutted the bio media in the canisters. Unfortunately I'm paying for a wedding in 120 days, but I need to get this sorted in time for the tank to be stable enough for me to leave it for two weeks.

Without an auto top off and a skimmer ur tank won't be stable for those two weeks.
Look at used hang on back skimmerz since ur gettin hitched.
Congrats on the tank!
Which canister filter do u like mo?
-d

I'm thinking about getting a Reef Octopus BH100T because it's a hang on back skimmer and it has an ATO reservoir

So it seems to me that you have gotten in over your head a bit. You are asking ppl here to DONATE their live rock to you for an early wedding present?
Most hobbyist I know support their own habit and plan their budget accordingly.
Dont want to make it sound like I am a Jacka**, But it sounds like you want ppl to buck up for your lack of patients.

Totally wrong!! Very shameful :(

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Lets get back on topic, I deleted peppies post, sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment and realize their mistake later, we don't need to bash anyone, this goes both ways. Also If you asking for help it sometimes can be taken incorrectly, If your need something look in the classifieds or offer to return the favor in some other form etc.

So that said lets get back to the discussion of topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back