A 750g SPS system is born

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Angelscrx said:
I would have gotten rid of them from the first fish they killed.

The problem is until very recently he was not so overtly aggressive to new fish. They would just die overnight, so I couldn't tell why until recently when he was not waiting for night time to assassinate the new fish. Same with the yellow fin fairy wrasse. I had one of these fish before in my previous tanka nd it was a model citizen if not even shy, but this new one is a mofo on crack. I love the fish, but he may had bought himself a one way ticket to the LFS. Now the tick is to get them out.

Jeff:

I have no idea on an ID. It is an acropora/millipora. You can't see the colors because the body is a blend between burgundy and purple with the polyps being bright green. Simply gorgeous. :D :D

James, pm'd ya to keep from tying up Alberto's thread.

Nick

Hey Alberto Lighting question

Hi again Alberto thanks for the reply I tried to see Your lights that you have in the tank. But didn't see it? My acropora/millipora looks very close to yours But in my pic's it comes out alot browner I was hoping to find out what light you are using? and what color spectrum are your bulbs My sps tank is 14 K with HQI 250 watts and i also run a 50/50 artintic but iam liking the color you tank is showing could you post your lighting thanks again ...Jeff
Jeff:

I have no idea on an ID. It is an acropora/millipora. You can't see the colors because the body is a blend between burgundy and purple with the polyps being bright green. Simply gorgeous. :D :D[/QUOTE]

The Apprentice:

The tank is lit by 5x400 watt radiums only powered by PFO HQI ballasts. The reflectors are Lumenarc 3. I am as I type taking a break from installing the actinics. I am adding 4x110 watt actinics VHO and 4x75 watt actinics VHO for a total of 740 watt of actinics. I ran the tank for the first 6 months without actinics and it looked OK, but I am going to cut on the MH cycle to maybe 5-6 hours per day and 10-12 hours of actinics.

I sincerely apologize that all the pictures are gone. I was hosting all the pictures in a friend's website that had unlimited bandwidth and space, but it is all gone. I don't know what happened. I am in the process of registering a domain and getting my own web space to host the pcitures. I will re-do the entire thing when I get it all done.

dgasmd said:
I sincerely apologize that all the pictures are gone. I was hosting all the pictures in a friend's website that had unlimited bandwidth and space, but it is all gone. I don't know what happened. I am in the process of registering a domain and getting my own web space to host the pcitures. I will re-do the entire thing when I get it all done.
Tons of eye candy lost in cyberspace!!! I hope the person that finds them has alot of fun!!
We'll wait for your website man, it's bound to be good! :D :D

invincible569 said:
Just when I was about to see a 750g SPS System. :) ... but no pics ;)

Dude, they had only been here for over 6 months :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alberto give Chuck a shout, we do that at RF also 25 meg web, email and so so on.

Mike

hows the heat from the LA3's? You dont like the A/C option with ducting ports on top?

I've had these reflectors since they were harder to find than intelligence in jail. There was no port option then. I ahve a small fan blowing across the top and it solves the heat issue for me.

I have a dedicated sequence hammerhead that feeds my chiller, my Ca reactor, and the 2 media reactors. For the media reactors, I just turn their individual intake valves until I see the media swirl gently inside. That is all you need really. For the Ca reactor, you need to get a valve to put on the intake side of the hose so you can open it to regulate the intake. If you use a beefy pump, it will create so much pressure inside that the water will comes out everywhere. It just needs enough to create a little slow stream on the effluent line.

It would actually be way overkill LOL................ You will probably need a 500-700 gph pump for all of them. The Ca reactr, you can actually T off your return to make sure you have always constant pressure to the line. I actually fed my Ca reactor for 2 years with a MJ1200 and it worked flawlessly.

Here are a few shots of the finished canopy and stand cover stuff. It looks much better than I antipated andit has quiet the entire thing so much it scares me at night not to being able to hear something.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I'll take some pictures of the other side tomorrow when
they finish it. It is almost finished, but they had to order some more of the top crown molding to finish the entire room. It should be pretty cool when it is completely done.

Last edited:
Back