A 750g SPS system is born

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

By the way, I will start a whole new thread documenting from begining to end of the new set up.

Can't wait to see the new thread as I enjoyed this one so much. On a side note, I ran a CL & a Tunze & think you almost need both to be effective as a high powered CL. The Tunze should reduce full power instead of just half power on the controller but they don't IMO you need that dramatic shift to get the motion desired.

Good Luck Alberto. Planning is half the fun so I wish you well with your move. I'm curious to see whether or not you do setup a refugium with the new tank. I have not made up my mind about that either. And what a great idea to have the quarantine tank connected to the main tank with a UV in between. I've been wondering how to incorporate a quarantine tank with the main setup and that is a great idea.

Looking forward to the new tank thread.

I wish you well in your move also. I question your idea of having a open connection of your quarantine and display tank, even with the uv. Isn't the whole idea of a quarantine, is to keep it seperate from the main tank to eliminate all possablities of infecting the main tank. Then there is the issue of medication if you have to treat the quarantine tank. Just a thought.

About 10 days ago, I tore the entire system down. Fish and frags of the corals are in a temporary system in my garage. I hope they do well in it. No skimmer there now, but I will do massive water changes bi-weekly to compensate for it. We'll see how it goes.

I wouldn't expect any updates from here on as I have nothing new to say really. When I re-set up everything, I will start a neww thread about it. Thanks for keeping up with it.

...Unfortunately, because of work and other reasons, I will be moving in the next couple of months to a nearby city about 1 1/2 hours away. Therefore, the tank will ahve to come down likely. I am in the process of selling my house...

that is why. :rolleyes:

Back