A little reading: Blue Coral Method

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Ben,
I just use Randy Holmes diy 2 part. Going to go with his 3rd part also for mg. works good for me. I know it's not automated but it pretty easy. My ph stays around 8.2-3 during the day and 8.0-1 at night.

Since you have a AC already, Id get a small pump and dose kalk.

Aqualifters are suppose to work pretty good, otherwise theres a perilistatic one that DonW recomends that wont back siphon(the sp3000 will require cleaning the check valve on a bi-monthly to monthly basis).

With the AC you can use the OSC function to run it. This way its added slow enough to not cause any sort of dangerous PH rise, and wont percip out. For my 38gal tank I dose kalk at night only to keep my night time ph up, but since you want your PH up at all times, you can just run it continuously. The code would look like "OSC 001/XXX ON/OFF Then DOS ON". XXX would depend on a lot of things including the rate at which your pump moves water, your evaporation rate, and calcium/alk demand. Too give you some sort of ball park, I run mine 14 hours a day(main lights off) at 001/014 and that seems to only require some supplementation for my tank.

That alone might not give you the ph boost your looking for, but in the end if your calcium/mag/alk/oxygen levels are all where they are supposed to be, I wouldnt worry about the lower PH to much. That seems to be the consensus of what I have read on the board.

Peace

has anyone found aspartic acid anywhere? my local health food place can special order it but only in a powder. and i can only find it on-line in a powder. has anyone found liquid capsules in 500mg?

has anyone found aspartic acid anywhere? my local health food place can special order it but only in a powder. and i can only find it on-line in a powder. has anyone found liquid capsules in 500mg?

I have not, but was planning on trying this for my next batch. If you do find some, it would be awesome if you could share where you got it from.

From what I understand most are using it in powder form. Liquid would be cool though. So yeah, if someone finds it in liquid that would be cool.

You can get it in the L form at most health food stores. Its fairly insoluable. If you end up getting the tablets make sure you predisolve in salt water. Any undisolved particles that make it to a coral polyp will burn it.

Don

I'm a newbie here (I read this entire thread) but I'm really interested in an update on those of you who have tried this, march 22nd was the last post so it's been a couple of months, any pics?
I'm actually thinking of going out and getting what I need to get started myself...
Louise:)

I believe all of those that were doing it have stopped for one reason or another.
I wouldnt start it on such a young tank. Should wait a bit for it to mature.

hey! there you are Charlie, didn't see you all weekend! I read this entire thread and decided I will forget this for a while thanks to this response: "
I believe all of those that were doing it have stopped for one reason or another. I wouldnt start it on such a young tank. Should wait a bit for it to mature"., looks really impressive if it really is what causes these corals to look so good but I don't have enough SPS to be concerned.

Its not so much a magical key to success. Rather, if you have perfect lighting, perfect water conditions, and perrect flow, and you are *only* limited by the *lack* of nutrients in the water, then this will help. Otherwise, its just another source of crud foul your water. It will help your algea grow a lot more then it will help your corals grow if you already have a problem.

That being said, I still want to give it a try in the future; Maybe after my next tank has been set up for 6months to a year and Im confident with its stability and nutirent levels. My current system just couldn't handle the nurtient export. Youll notice how little the recomended feeding dose is... Powerfull stuff.

I only have about 10 hard corals so I think I will skip this for the time being. My thought was that I would try it on my existing 75 gallon tank but after thinking it over I changed my mind. :rolleyes: I have enough trrouble keeping up to my nitrates as it is:oops:
I am in the process (almost) of setting up a new 90 but I won't be using that stuff in there for quite a while if at all :D

i just wanted to ask what if i go in to a pharmacy or nutrion shop what do i have to ask for amnio acids or gh or as aspetric acid??? sorry if i spelt it wrong i have stuff to make food aswell i was going to use sea scallops iun the mix as well as i have been feeding lps sea scallop and they have quiet a differnt feeding response compared to brine shrimp

i just wanted to ask what if i go in to a pharmacy or nutrion shop what do i have to ask for amnio acids or gh or as aspetric acid??? sorry if i spelt it wrong i have stuff to make food aswell i was going to use sea scallops iun the mix as well as i have been feeding lps sea scallop and they have quiet a differnt feeding response compared to brine shrimp

HGH is not legal in the US. You may want to look into your laws regarding HGH. For the most part it can be had illegally at gyms and other places that body builders hang out.

Don

i dont know if its legal in australia or not but if it isnt legal i aint buy illegal drugs from my fish tank that would be so hard to explain to sum one although u wouldnt test positive for it
is it only illegal in compition use or just across the board

i dont know what your laws are like down there but i doubt you can get HGH. and its my understanding that even the people that started this arent even using HGH anymore.

aspartic acid is an amino acid. i tried to get it from a health food place but they didnt have it in stock and would only special order it. i think you would have better luck getting it on-line

Back