A sneak peek into Esta's tank-dreams :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

estanoche

Lions stalk orcas!
RF Premium Member
Guess I've been holding out long enough... so what kind of tank do I have at home?? hmmmmmmm :drum: :blabla:

Well -here we go :)

Tank # 1- Main Display! - Been established since May/June 2010
80 (ish) gallon - 63L x 14D x 22H
38 (ish) gallon homemade sump/fuge
6 bulb 48" t5 on left side of tank (zoos, clams, LPS side)
400W MH on right side (SPS)
Lifereef VS2 skimmer
A random ebay calcium reactor
Coast to coast overflow w/ bean animal return
2 MP40s and a seaswirl on my return for flow

Some tank shots -

FTS
IMG_01571.jpg

Closer pics cuz the dang thing is too long for a good full tank shot :)
IMG_01591.jpg

IMG_01601.jpg

IMG_01611.jpg

IMG_01621.jpg

And, Tank #2 - My QT tank/ Dwarf Angler Bachelor Pad
25 gallon Mr. Aqua rimless wondertank
2 PAR38 21W LEDs for lighting
Seio something-or-other pump for flow
HOB fuge
Tunze nano skimmer

I built the stand myself from scratch - its a bit off kilter, but I think its pretty dang good for a girl!! lol
IMG_3390.jpg

That hawkfish and clown in the pic got rehomed, so the angler could move in.....

So here's "Bob" the sole inhabitant now if you don't count the urchin - but he is just a poo eater anyhow ;)
IMG_3523.jpg

Very nice!!!! Some beautiful coral and clams in there. I love the little angler. Hes so cute. I'd like to have one of those, but really dont need another tank.

I thought your whole tank was the SPS side!? You do have some beautiful LPS though. I really like how the acans wrap around that one rock.

Very nice!!!! Some beautiful coral and clams in there. I love the little angler. Hes so cute. I'd like to have one of those, but really dont need another tank.

It was a hard choice to kick the hawk and the clown out so the angler could move in - but I couldn't resist!!! Too bad the stupid hawk and clown are too aggressive for my main display :( (they make my wrasse jump all the time)

I thought your whole tank was the SPS side!? You do have some beautiful LPS though. I really like how the acans wrap around that one rock.

- well, what do they say about "best laid plans" hahaha - the SPS sure seem to be breeding, and I blame Charlie for that one ;)

joanne,

why is there a clam in a tupperware container ?

I have a pyramid snail infestation... just when I think i have them 99% killed off, I check my clam again and its got 20 of em on it!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrr :fish:

Lost 2 clams before I even realized I had them...... they also seem to go for each clam sequentially by how much you paid for it ;) lol

So, spent some time on hardware upgrades yesterday :) wooohooo

First - swapped out my old 40CFM exhaust fans in my canopy for these 110 CFM models... the old fans ran continously for 2 years, but they are just starting to poop out......... can't blame them, thats a lot of work!!

c6c7012d.jpg

My temp was spiking at 82 or so during the day over the past month (since things started warming up), so hopefully these will keep things under 80.... Aaron broke one of the fans (bad bad techguy) by wiring it up backwards, hehehe, so only running 2 of the 3 I had planned, but yesterday temp peaked at 80.... Today will be the true test

And I swapped out this annoying fisher-wise check valve off my return
f9ca19d8.jpg

for this giant awesome swing arm one!
4829c63b.jpg

the old check valve stopped "checking" after only 6 months, and I could never keep it clean enough after that for it to work..... and with my seaswirl, my siphon break had to be a couple inches in the tank - good thing I have an oversized sump!! But dang, it was annoying seeing the sump fill to the brim every time I turned the return off... This one only lets maybe a gallon or so drain back down - so far its working great!! Here's hoping for no leaks!!!

looks great! Curious how u hung those par38s though? Wats that wrapped around em? Ive got two ecoexotic ones and a rapidsLED one.... I made my sockets and wired em together but curious how u hung em and wat not?!?!

Been forever and a day :) How about new photos???? Recently took a bunch of photos of my acan lords, since I have a tiny dwarf angel (midnight angel) that likes to nip at them, I'm monitoring how he affects their growth :suspicious:

a46594b1.jpg

e027b32a.jpg

You can see the damage on the backside of this one - it was right in his swimming path so he hit it 100 times a day.... I've rehomed this colony to Ben (faciosity) :)
823410da.jpg

e0fd2304.jpg

fb0c689b.jpg

Got this one at Bob Moore - I like the "sparkles" in it :)
741179fa.jpg

Back