Aggregating anemones cought splitting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Brie

BRA
Got to witness my little Aggregating anemones splitting a little while ago. Took pics but never posted them anywhere, figured yall might find them at least a little bit interesting. ;)

These are cool little anemones. Apparently a cooler water anemone but they are doing great and now multiplying. I'm just a little sad now that they're smaller. :( They were getting pretty big, about 50 cent piece size. Immediately after splitting they were all about nickel sized, but are on their way back up to about quarter sized now.

It all took place fairly fast.. Within an hour of me noticing that it was contorting in an odd fashion. After staring at this one for a bit, I noticed that the one behind it, which is normally out of view, had also split, probably a few days prior as they were already sealed up and round again.

AnemoneSplitting1_3916.jpg

AnemoneSplitting2_3918.jpg

AnemoneSplitting3_3931.jpg

AnemoneSplitting4_3932.jpg

Cool!! thanks for posting those. Now I have a clue what a splitting anenome looks like. Otherwise I, and others, would think they killed thiers somehow when they are actually splitting.

Back