ahhh !! it's snowing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dont worry guys, its really cold here to, and the horse and buggy always has trouble through the snow, plus the well is frozen so we have to drink bottle water *yuck* but on a better note, ill be on the tropical island of Guam in 3weeks, so buck up i say, buck up!

I LOVE snow!! Send some to NC~ We rarely have snow on the ground longer than a few days :( I enjoy playing and driving in it... I used to take my mom to and from work when needed before she retired.

Here is a 2 day old NC snowman :rolleyes:
61110_1054.JPG

Snow is great on weekends when I dont have to work. It a real drag to pull a snow covered car into a 70 degree shop. You can pretty much count on it melting and going down your shirt all day long.

Don

hey Don way to go with your 2000 post !! :D .
congrats dood !!

Gabby - just FYI in case you move to a place where there's snow in the winter, and you learn to drive .....its better to carry one of those little shovels and maybe a bit of road salt if you get stuck.

a shovel? Nikki, sorry but i think i wouldn't want to bury myself or play make casttle with the snow:eek: ... :lol: just joking Nikki.
yeah i think that would work :D and Nikki, you are fearless girl!!
I think, the only one here that would make a fire and would start doing the fire dance or would even think that the world is coming to an end is krish :D
if he was living here.
woodstock, that's a cute snow man, i wanted to make one but my kid is getting sick, so he's gonna have to wait until he go to the mountains.

I think, the only one here that would make a fire and would start doing the fire dance or would even think that the world is coming to an end is krish
if he was living here

LOL...I'll light a fire and dance in the summer...Doesn't need to be cold to act like an idiot!(LOL) Cold weather doesn't bother me too much. It's cold water that I can't handle!

I took this off my back porch yesterday, normally its a base full of buildings, you can barely see my back fence, lol

We got 8 inches yesterday. I took my daughter into cheer class (not snowing), then an hour later when we left, there was already an inch. It was snowing really really hard, and I of course got stuck on a hill to my house on the way home. I had to back down the hill and go up the other lane, while hoping a car wouldn't come down the other side and hit me. Thankfully, when I reached the top, someone was stuck going up the other side. Never thought I'd use the low gears on this vehicle. This morning the wind is blowing pretty good (wind chill -8F), and they say its a snow blowing advisory. Time to watch for the snow drifts. My daughter has school today, too :rolleyes:. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go out.

After calling the school, I decided not to drive in. They are open, but advising to do what you feel is safe for you and your child. I considered that by the time I got her to school, returned home, I'd have to leave right away again to pick her up (3 hour day). We are staying home today (despite my daughters relentless pleas), and give the plows sometime to clear more off the roads and get more salt down. My hubby said the commute wasn't too bad, just slick in some areas, and the highway was only 2 lanes. On a side note, the drifts were pretty good in my backyard. The dog was up to his chest (yellow lab) in some spots....which didn't make it fun for pottytime :).

Here's a photo from one of the windows

ohh woou Nikki that's crazy:eek: .
i'm glad you didn't take your daughter to school because you never know what could happen with all that snow, so it can be dangerous.
You know that's so cute that she's into cheerleading, i always see little girls with their little cheerleading suit and it's so adorable!!! :)

No milking for me! They are what's for dinner, BEEF! A rancher who lives by me brings a herd to the pasture behind our house every winter. They'll be Burger King come spring. They should enjoy the snow...

71lockard said:
No milking for me! They are what's for dinner, BEEF! A rancher who lives by me brings a herd to the pasture behind our house every winter. They'll be Burger King come spring. They should enjoy the snow...

That's what I like to hear. Do you ever find yourself looking at them and picking out the cuts of meat??:D :D

Oh yeah, there's a couple ribeyes I've got picked out! He sells around 700-800 lbs, one butcher, for 485.00. It is a pretty good deal if you eat a lot of meat...

AHHH !! :eek: how can you watch your meat walking around :D, well just don't show them the grill :lol:

Back