Amp Master Pump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dieselbreath

Lost in the salty water
On the wet end of my dolphin 3000 there appears to be three spots that you could drill and place a plug in order to drain your pump. The holes have a guide hole drilled part way thru, and then the outside is reinforced including threads. Possible to put in a valve to drain the pump for maintainance????

I have no literature on the pump so if anyone does could you let me know.

DB

Yes it is possable to drill it. They used to come that way with the low point drilled and it uses threaded plastic plug. Mine has it and it is nice to be able to drain it.

All of the ones that I have had came with a drain plug on the bottom in the middle.

Chris

I think it is 1/4" pipe thread. So you need to find a plastic 1/4" pipe thread plug. I think it will be a little tough to find. Alternativly you could use one of those fittings from homedepot that are copies of JG ball valves, they cost about $6

Well I took the pump housing to the hardware store. The only thing that seemed to be close was a 12mm x 1.75mm bolt. I don't want to use that so I still need to do some searching. A ball valve would be great if I could find one that was correct.

DB

Back