Answer And Ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Never made it to Diego, and I have missed the box by the skin of my teeth a lot of times now. I have spend about a year out of the last 2 deployed to Germany tho.

How long you been in

March was 4yrs, been here the whole time. Would like to goto Ramestien when/if they close this base down. Is that where you were or MildenHall?

How long you been in?

I have been in for 9 yrs. I was at Mildenhall for 5 years and have been at McChord for a little over 3. I was at the Rheinmain everytime I have deployed to Germany, but I have been tdy to Ramstein too. It is a pretty nice area.

How is your tank coming along?

It snowed 10inches in one night last week, so the ground was all wet on Sat (thawed) so i couldnt get it that day, and the guy told me to get it this weekend, so who knows, but he is throwin in a PH for me now.... Other than that, i need someone to make me a grocery list of PVC so i can goto Lowes and get it and make it, the only thing i have accomplished was i got my RO/DI unit, hooked up and have 100gals of water made!

Is your cams down too?

I wish we had cams, I miss cams. We use GO81. It is gay but its working. On your grocery list, Just buy 10 of everything you think you may need and take back what you don't use. You will still need to make at least 75 trips to HD or lowes no matter what. I recently had enought spare parts in my drawer that I completed a entire plumbing project w/ out the need to drive anywhere, it was like a revelation.

What are you going to do when you grow up?

You are BC SLC!

I am takin classes to be a HS teacher right now, i work debrief right now, so i have plenty of time to study!

Do you use your TA?

No I would like to use it, but I seem to get deployed every time I sign up for a class. I think that I am going to have to get out to go to school.

Do you like to fish?

Dont tell me your shred actually works there, cuz here they just play spades.

I love to fish, but im new at it, last year was the first time, and i went a bunch! For a while there i had 3 rock bass in my tank with a piranha, but you can guess what happend. We have some good fishin around here!

Whats BAH there?

For what rank? I am a E5 and its 1032 I think. We also get conus cola of 27bux.

Well we do work quite a bit out there on the line, but I work in the MOC now and we are busy all the time up here. Definately not like debrief :D.

What is the BAH out there?

Thats funny that im talkin to MOC, do you guys have a "bat phone" linked to debrief? LoL , BAH here for E5 is like 800, i live on base thou, this base is on the BRAC list so i dont feel like buyin a house.

How long you been in the SW hobby?

Well I have been in it for a little over 3 years. I started researching about 4 years ago and started after I PCS'd here.

We do have a bat phone but no hot link to debrief. We should have one tho.

When is your base supposed to close?

I heard a little about it, but not heard what bases.

are you getting out soon?

I have two years left on my initial contract, which is right around the time ill get my new orders, so we will see, i dont want to go down to DYES, so if they give me a good base ill stay. I like the AF and its ways, but its not my only option really

You a lifer?

No, I get out April 18 2007. I am going to figure something out. I like the AF but hate all the time away, so I gotta get out.

What else would you do besides High School teacher?

Im not goin to get a AMP license and work jets anymore, i dont like shootin wires, not my style i guess. I dont know what id do, want to do somthin differant everyday, why are you startin a pet shop, ill go work for yea!

What are you doin?

I am going to give life insurance a shot.

I want to do something easy and get PAID. I NEED a lot of money and a lot of time off.

Sound good?

I have a buddy in S.Diego that owns his own mortgage company, that is who i visited last month, he makes bank and all his employees make bank.

You could make money in the insurance business, but i would like to be outside somtimes too.

Are you stayin in WA or movin again?

I like it up here, so I would like to stay. My wife wants to move to Portugal w/ her mom and start up a resort. Not too appealing to me.

My old man sells life insurance and he makes sales calles all the time, so plenty to see outside.

Where do you want to live?

Back