Anything about the hobby...Answer and ask

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Let's try something new here going on an idea Jiddy came up with a few years ago, but this time it will only be reef related. Hopefully it will be fun for everyone in an effort to loosen up things a bit here, but even more so, a good source of info for those tagging along.

Here is how it works as the concept is very simple... All you do is answer the previously asked reef related question and then ask a new one and so on. I'll get things going with the first question which I will come back and answer to give you an idea of how it works (and no I don't like talking to myself, but I'm thankful for the opportunity :p). If it makes things easier to follow along, you can quote the question you are answering first in your response. :)

Q: What's your favorite critter?

Q: What is the name of the thin tissue covering the skeleton of most SPS corals?

Ectodermis??? If not, -1 for Krish :lol:

Q: What is a good calcium level to maintain in a reef aquarium???

Nothing right now (O2) :p

Q: Which is most toxic to fish.... Nitrite or Nitrate??
HAHA no water havin sucka.. :)
NitrIte is toxic to EVEYTHING in your tank ... If you have nitrItes you got HUGE problems a well established/cycled tank you should NEVER have nitrItes..

Q: What is your dream Fish and dream coral??

Clarion angelfish.

Q: If money was NOT an object, what size tank would you have?

A: EVERYDAY I learn more about this #$$%^ hobby..

Q: Whats the DUMBEST thing you've ever done in this hobby???

Q: Whats the DUMBEST thing you've ever done in this hobby???

Using tap water containing over 100 ppm of nitrates for my tank water over a long period of time and submerging my liverock in freshwater to scrub them :lol:

Q: Best piece of advice to give to someone new to the hobby other than take things slow?

Q: Best piece of advice to give to someone new to the hobby other than take things slow?

A:If you dont test for it.. DONT PUT IT IN YOUR TANK.. AND DIP EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
OH and Automate, and redundancy..

Q:What is the best peice of EQUIPMENT hooked to your system..besides skimmer and pumps and sump....

A:If you dont test for it.. DONT PUT IT IN YOUR TANK.. AND DIP EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!
OH and Automate, and redundancy..

Q:What is the best peice of EQUIPMENT hooked to your system..besides skimmer and pumps and sump....

A. Hmmm . . . either my water changing system (55 gal water change, no buckets no hoses, no sweat) or the ATO. Both reduced a lot of work and the need to ask my husband for help :)

Q. Do you think hermit crabs have a place in the reef tank?

A: U think so they are fun to watch fight over shells

Q: why can't we create mini fish like we can with dogs so us with smaller tanks enjoy tangs n what not? that would be awesome

Q: why can't we create mini fish like we can with dogs so us with smaller tanks enjoy tangs n what not? that would be awesome

Haha!! I don't know the answer but that would be cool to have a blue tang that only grew to the size of a royal gramma!! :D

Q: What do you test for most often in your aquarium??

A. Hmmm . . . either my water changing system (55 gal water change, no buckets no hoses, no sweat) or the ATO. Both reduced a lot of work and the need to ask my husband for help :)

Q. Do you think hermit crabs have a place in the reef tank?

A. Of course hermit crabs have a place in the reef tank. Just as long as they're little. It's amusing to watch little shells move around in your tank, and eat the food your fish miss.

Q. What was your worst "Marine Aquarium" mishap and what was the cause, how do you prevent it from happening again in the future?

-1 point for bigblue for missing post # 15 :lol:. We will continue with your question though! I've asked too many questions already anyways, plus you can send a missle here any time you want to get rid of me so you win:D

Last edited:
Q: What do you test for most often in your aquarium??
Alkalenity is most inmortant in a reef tank!!! and should be tested most often..

Q. What was your worst "Marine Aquarium" mishap and what was the cause, how do you prevent it from happening again in the future?
Knocked the ATO hose out of the sump and pumped my stand full of water.. (I made an acrylic 1/4OD line holder for the ATO line...

Q: if you could pick ANY lighting you wanted if money was not an issue.what would it be.?

Alkalenity is most inmortant in a reef tank!!! and should be tested most often..

Knocked the ATO hose out of the sump and pumped my stand full of water.. (I made an acrylic 1/4OD line holder for the ATO line...

Q: if you could pick ANY lighting you wanted if money was not an issue.what would it be.?

Plazma for sure...I have LED......Its just my experiance but it seems LPS Dont do as well with Led like they do halide...I would like to try Plazma......:)

Q Do most reefers experiance cyano outbreaks from time to time? Or is it just me..:))

Back