~~April 22nd Fragging Extravaganza~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jesshimom

I have no fish.
We need to change our April schedule around a bit as our zeovit speaker is not able to make it this month. So we are having a fragging party instead! The intial evite will go out this morning, so as always if you have not received an evite let me know and I'll fix you up! This should be alot of fun!! Everyone will get a frag or two or three and we are going to have a silent auction for some other corals as well.

Paul Hamby (Fragman) is hosting this event so you should be able to buy a few goodies while you are there as well!

Date: April 22nd

Time: 3pm (tentatively)

Directions will be in the reminder evite!

Hope to see you all there!

Don't forget it's election day as well!!

PS

I'm sure we will need some folding tables. Does anyone have any they can bring along or preferably bring to Paul's in advance?

If you have particular corals you would like us to bring in for this please post them here. We want this to be a fun event for everyone. Currently we plan to bring in some SPS and some softies (zoos and rics if we can find some nice ones). Let us know what you want to go home with ;)

I'd love to get some more Ric's and zoa's if possible :) Here are a few things that I have available to trade:
-Pulsing Xenia, already attached to rubble rock and has already split stalks
-75'ish polyp mint-green Zoa colony
-Green w/Red bumps Mushroom rock, approx. 4"x3", fully covered
-about 4 other Zoa frags

I'll post pictures of everything I have to trade in a little bit. It'll be nice to be able to finally trade some stuff this time rather than just buy.

Sorry about that Chuck. We had to make some quick changes of plans and that was the weekend that worked best. I'll try to save ya something good ;)

Anybody know how late this will go? I have a prior engagement that runs until about 5:30, but I would really like to come afterwards if possible.

Jamie

Last time I remember plastic bags were scarce, I just bought a slew of 10" x 16" fish bags, I'll bring enough for everybody. I'll also bring some very rare and hard to grow creatures, they are called anthelia, they are only for the most advanced hobbyists, you actually have to keep them in salt water...

Ok, I got some pics of what I have to trade/sell at the swap. Let me know if anyone is interested in any of these and maybe a trade can be worked out. BTW, all frags are already attached to small rubble rock.

1: ~8 Polyps of Zoa's, I think they are Fire and Ice, but also look like Fire in the Sky (for those who care about names)
2: Speckled Mint Green zoas, not really a frag but a colony of about 75 polyps on a round rock.
3: Green/Red mushroom rock, approx. 4"x3" (they don't extend very well in MH light)
4: Neat speckled zoa's with green skirts, also a few green Paly's on the rock as well.
5: More Zoa's, two different colors

Attachments

• Blue_Red_Zoos.jpg
    Blue_Red_Zoos.jpg
    94.2 KB
  • Green_Zoos.jpg
    Green_Zoos.jpg
    80.3 KB
  • Mushroom_rock.jpg
    Mushroom_rock.jpg
    75.3 KB
  • Speckled_Green_Zoos.jpg
    Speckled_Green_Zoos.jpg
    87.6 KB
  • Speckled_Green_Zoos_2.jpg
    Speckled_Green_Zoos_2.jpg
    73.8 KB
I so want to come, but I am moving thsi weekend, and might put any new corals into shock!! Maybe I can pull it off though.

im not really sure if its needed but i have an acrilic 55 i could bring and i might be able to rig up some mh lights to put on it.....lmk

I expect it to go several hours. It's probably a good idea to get your trades arranged in advance, as the tanks we will have set up our for the corals we are buying to do a frag demo and for the silent auction; therefore, there won't be space for other corals like at the frag swap some of you attended in September (or was that August?).

I plan to have a ton of ziploc bags on hand also.

Colleen

I have a brand new AGA 20 Long (30x12x12) that I have never used, maybe you guys can put it to use. If you do I get to keep my corals/baggies in there though :)

We need tanks for the corals we are bringing in for the meeting. Like I said we really dont plan on room for a big frag swap like we had. So plan your exchanges and bring coolers!

I hope I"m not confusing everyone!

So are we to try and plan trading before the meeting and not at it? And when you say "for the corals we are bringing in for the meeting", who is we and what are they bringing? Maybe I got confused and thought this was going to be a frag swap where people were going to bring corals and trade. I can still bring my 20G long if it is going to be needed.

Back