~~April 22nd Fragging Extravaganza~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Stan and Cesar, You both took awesome pictures. Good group of people enjoying themself. Good Clean Family environment.

Cesar, nice pictures !!!
what kind of coral is the third picture ? :) it's very pretty.

Keep the pictures coming doods !!!

Did the three of you who wanted to pay by PayPal get the money requests?? I sent them out but haven't heard anything so wanted to make sure I have your addresses correct.

Stan, nice photos!

I'm sorry to have missed ya. Will you be at the next meeting?

Best,
Ilham

Elmo18 said:
Stan, nice photos!

I'm sorry to have missed ya. Will you be at the next meeting?

Best,
Ilham

Were you there when I was?...I didn't know you were there, sorry to have missed you too. I plan on being at the next meeting.... :)

snobanker said:
It's been a great class. We just did some "painting with light" which is where you take a really long exposure in a completely dark place and it lights it up like it's daylight. Pretty cool. You walk around in the dark in front of the camera with a flash and keep popping it off then come back and close the shutter...we even did it with a flashlight....

Costco sells a gigantic spotlight... 15M candlepower? I bought a similar 10M candlepower spotlight from them previously for doing outdoors "light painting" like what you are describing. Here's my only test to date:

http://wrongcrowd.com/gallery/misc/lightpaint1

I saw some really neat pics of this technique that motivated me to drop $30 on the spotlight and give it a try. Obviously I have a way to go. :)

I didn't get a chance to get a look at them really well, but I'm guessing:

Stylophora pistillata

Best,
Ilham

horseflesh said:
Costco sells a gigantic spotlight... 15M candlepower? I bought a similar 10M candlepower spotlight from them previously for doing outdoors "light painting" like what you are describing. Here's my only test to date:

http://wrongcrowd.com/gallery/misc/lightpaint1

I saw some really neat pics of this technique that motivated me to drop $30 on the spotlight and give it a try. Obviously I have a way to go. :)

You can actually light paint a completely dark "huge room" like a stadium, auditorium, or gym with a regular flashlight, or a small camera flash. It's an amazing technique. I'll find the ones I did with a flash and the one with a mag light flashlight and post them. Really cool.

Back