Aqua Bella?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

atavus

I was at CostCo a couple weeks back and saw the Aqua Bella display (http://www.aquabellaaquariums.com/). These guys sell really skinny hang on the wall aquariums. I think that's a pretty bad idea for a tank (3"-6" depth). What I'm more curious about is their claim of an "enzyme" that'll allow you to go a year with no water changes and it cycles in 4 hours. Now, this seems really unlikely since that'd be a hugely successful product and no one would be doing water changes. Thoughts?

Wow, alot of promises. I call BS on the patented enzyme for above stated reason. I think the Aquariums look cool though and I'm sure certain fish (that don't need alot of swiming room) would be ok in there. Not exactly the place to keep a collection of tangs :lol

I'm sorry to tell you this but i had those tanks before and they are not what they look like. For one thing try to keep something like salt water fish in them more than a few months no luck at all and if so no more than three small
damsel fish. As for the enzyme and go a year with no water changes and it cycles in 4 hours. LoL thats a joke those tanks are only 4inchs wide with 2 small power heads for the retun pumps yeah maybe fresh water but not for salt.;)

I wasn't thinking of getting one :) FAR to expensive for what you get (IMO) and my 24" deep tank annoys me when I need to get to the bottom (and thats with 3" of aragonite), I'd be really annoyed at a 30"+ deep tank. And after "my wife's" sea horse tank (she only thinks it's going to be hers...) my next tank would have to be at least 2' front-to-back.

I just wonder how many thousands of dollars and fish have been fed to these contraptions.

Since you mention seahorses, This would actually seem like a cool species specific tank for say seahorses and pipefish. Am I totally off on this? I'm sure it woud need to be modded a little but seems like ti would work

Yeah, I think it would work okay for a seahorse and pipefish tank. You'd probably need to get a bigger one so it's 6" "thick", the smaller ones are as skinny as 3.5". But the big drawback is you'd spend probably close to a grand for the tank alone. IIRC the 15 gallon tank was over $600 and only about 4" thick. I'm not really willing to spend that for the "coolness" of having it hang on the wall. That and there's a built in shelf in the house that's already spec'ed for the seahorse coral...

Back