Aquacontroller III not working properly:(

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ditchplains2

Reefkeeper/Waterman
Hey guys, I've been running into some problems with my aquacontroller lately. Actually to be more specific with my DC8. I have had it running for about 6 months now, and well I bought the whole setup used, all was working fine, well for that I could never get all 8 outlets to function or be controllable on my AC3, i could only ever get 7 working.

Anyways here's the short of it. I am unable to control anything but the daylights, actinics, and my refugium light. My moonlights seem to be working and all lights are on the seasonal control.

here is what I have on my DC8

HET%-A1 150 watt heater
RF1$-A2 Refugium light 1
TU1&-A3 Tunze pump1
DAY$-A4 t5 dalylights
COL%-A5 chiller
TU2&-A6 Tunze pump 2
RF2$-A7 refugium light 2
ACT$-A8 T5 actinics
LUN$-B4 moonlights.

here is program

If Temp < RT+-0.4 Then HET ON
If Temp > RT+0.0 Then HET OFF
If Temp > RT+0.4 Then COL ON
If Temp < RT+0.0 Then COL OFF
If Time > 20:31 Then RF1 ON
If Time > 08:01 Then RF1 OFF
If Time > 20:31 Then RF2 ON
If Time > 08:01 Then RF2 OFF
If Sun 000/000 Then DAY ON
If Sun -055/055 Then ACT ON
If Moon 000/000 Then LUN ON
OSC 020/020 ON/OFF Then TU1 ON
OSC 020/020 ON/OFF Then TU2 ON

for some reason I cannot control or turn on TUNZE 2 at all it is remaining off permanently, I cannot control refugium light 2 as well, and I don't seem to have control over Tunze 1 no matter wither or not I choose manual or auto I cant shut it off.

I have the DC8 plugged into a cheap extension cord with circuit breaker. I have tried directly connecting the DC8 to the wall and nothing changes.

I see the green light on the DC8 as a steady green, but I do notice it occasionally flashes when changing the commands.

I can shutoff the daylights, actinic, and moonlight as well as refugium through manual or on auto.

What I need help with is.

1. Why am I unable to control or use all 8 of my outlets??

2. Why are some working and controllable and others not??

PS. I have the dip switches all set in one direction. Only the Lunar moduale have I selected B as the group name.

any help much appreciated.

cheers
David

Last edited:
I couldnt tell you exactly. Sounds like the DC8 might be wore out. Why do you have a B code? Do you have a second DC8? If so try to hook everything up to it.

Im not a big advocate of RC but you could go over to the Neptune sponsors forum over there and post your question. Your sure to get resolution to your issues there.

ummm me and RC don't work nicely together, for many reasons, let's just say me and Brian don't like one another too well. Oh well, I don't want it to be that way, but I'm not into apologizing or grovelling when i don't feel I'm wrong, thanks Trido I appreciate it. I have been searching all over for answers maybe best to call Neptunesystems at this point.

Are you able to manually turn stuff on and off through the aquacontroller? I would try emailing curt at customer support. He seems like a nice enough guy and that way you can avoid RC.

I bought mine used also and had a few problems in the beginning. I emailed and called the company and they were very helpful.

Back