ATI Bubblemaster 250 Skimmer Replacement Recommendation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

meitzler

fraggy
On my 330 gal reef tank, I currently have an ATI Bubblemaster 250 skimmer. When it works, it is fantastic. But it is delicate, and the mesh wheel power heads have starting issues. My question is what skimmer would you recommend to replace it. The footprint is 14.2x9.5x20.8. In my case, height is a non issue, but the width needs to be less than 11".

Thanks.

i replaced mine with a MRC-3 running it with 2 sedra 12000's works better then any other skimmer i have ever owned.

What kind of pumps are those? They look like Sicce PSK 2500's.

I just replaced the pair of psk2500s that came with my skimmer with a single Bubble Blaster 5000 pump. The Bubble Blaster pump needed a metric plumbing adapter to fit, but works great. My skimmer pulls more air than before and is now dead nuts reliable.

Nick

Low head room huh...I love my SRO3000 and it's pulling plenty out of a heavy stock 300g processing system. I had to run a drain line to a 5g bucket since sometimes it can really make alota goo if I'm not checking it enough. Super quiet too.

Former ATI BM200

Why not try replacing those mesh wheels with some white lightning wheels? White lightnings don't have starting issues once you ware them in. That's what I did on my BM250.

Back