Attaching zoa's to plug?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NanaReefer

Had a small frag of zoa's come loose from a rock. Used a piece of thread to attach them to a plug, hoping they'd bond on their own. Well so far they haven't and it's been over a week. Didn't want to use glue as past experience caused them to melt.
Any other recommendations? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

I usually have good luck using super glue gel.
I don't know of any other artificial means of attaching zoanthids.

If u don't want to use glue, you could try the same method used for mushrooms. Put the polyp into a small container full or rock rubble, make sure there are holes in the container to allow for some flow, and the polyp should attach by itself.

If u don't want to use glue, you could try the same method used for mushrooms. Put the polyp into a small container full or rock rubble, make sure there are holes in the container to allow for some flow, and the polyp should attach by itself.

That might work if you wedge them into the rubble so they don't blow around.

Yeah I gotta do something. Not even the thread is holding them down.
What causes zoa's to detach from the rock in the first place? It's just a small lil bunch, about 10 polyps but I like em :) I'm really trying to save a frag from the mother colony that's being smothered out by shrooms :(

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

I'm told they can detach if they don't like their environment. Float around until they find better digs. I have not had zoas do it yet but I have purple mushrooms all over our tank now. Little wanderers!

Back