BackwerdsMan's 20L cherry popper

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BackwerdsMan

So I've been at this tank(my first venture into marine tanks) for about 2.5 months now. I've noticed that in this hobby my OCD way of doing things make this the perfect hobby for me. I am now completely addicted. :D

Tank is coming together nicely, but I still have a laundry list of improvements I want to do.

Specs:
20L with top rim removed
Current 24x4 T5HO
AC110 Fuge mod

Stock:
x2 Ocellaris Clowns
x1 Bicolor Blenny
Green Star Polyps
Small Kenya Tree coral
Some Zoanthids
Frogspawn
Green/Blue Acan
Yellow Polyps
Various Macro's

Here is what the tank looked like about 1 month in:
61091_500978963941_589538941_7124353_2621113_n.jpg

10/7/2010:
5160117226_8e3e81db5c_z.jpg

11/8/2010
5160108016_9a737c8682_z.jpg

WELCOME!!! to reef frontiers!

love the rock-scape in this first pic!!
and i think it actually looks better w/ the AC on the side instead of the back.
and maybe a black or blue back to hide the cords and eqiupment.

also, i have a skimmer for your tank that would be perfect for you...sliding scale on price... it's a mesh modded CPR bakpak.
i'll take anything from; nothing, a small frag, up to $40 ;)
you could put your heater and a bag of carbon it the skimmer as well.

also, your new bulb color looks awesome compared to the first pic...

Last edited:
WELCOME!!! to reef frontiers!

love the rock-scape in this first pic!!
and i think it actually looks better w/ the AC on the side instead of the back.
and maybe a black or blue back to hide the cords and eqiupment.

also, i have a skimmer for your tank that would be perfect for you...sliding scale on price... it's a mesh modded CPR bakpak.
i'll take anything from; nothing, a small frag, up to $40 ;)
you could put your heater and a bag of carbon it the skimmer as well.

also, your new bulb color looks awesome compared to the first pic...

Yeah, I'm not totally satisfied with the scape. I change it about every 2 weeks.

That's not the AC you see on the side, its a very small filter I used when I first set the tank up. Unfortunately the AC is about 2" too wide to fit on the side. Sooner or later, one of my next projects is to build a nice stand, at which point I will have a sump underneath, and hang the lights, to give the display a real nice clean look.

Skimmer eh? Hmmm, you play videogames? 360? I got rid of mine and have a bunch of games left over. or even if you know someone who would want them, they've been sitting in my closet for over a month now.

Why do I have the feeling your clown fish is a goner! Nice tank!

That's what I thought too... First time he saw them, he watched for about five minutes, then got up and put the tip of his paw in the water... quickly pulled it out shook it off, and hasn't tried since.

Like most cats, he F'in hates water.

I'm actually more worried about my big clumsy 1yo Bloodhound plowing into it one day.

Looks very nice.. How do you like the water movement with one power head? I am going to get two but start with one and see how it goes...

Hey BackwerdsMan, WELCOME. Your tank looks good man... a little empty, but mine is a little to full so.... since we are darn near neighbors you should come over and get a few of my extras to fill those empty spots in. Seriously though I'd be happy to give you a few more corals if you'd like. I'm just 1 mile east of Silver Lake so shoot me a pm for address/tel #.

Todd

Nice new additions BWM :)
I just realized that shot with the cat. My wife will most likely use that one for her background now. She is into crazy cat shots :)

Do it! I got a higher rez version too if she really wants it.

Thanks for all the compliments guys... She's slowly coming together. Maybe with TJL's help, it'll start coming together a little faster. ;)

Back