• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Barrier Reef's 7th Anniversary Sale - With Guest Dana Riddle!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Some awesome goodies in the gift bag!

Ya there were. Was #3 in line so I got in and out really quick. Got everything I wanted but forgot an emerald crab.

One suggestion. Limit the number of people entering the building at once to say 10. Serve 5 guest at a time while the rest walk around and check things out. Having 30 or so people was way to crowded to even see the stock.

#50 In line, just got home. Bought my stuff by cell phone and flashlight. Powers out.
these guys did an awesome job of handling it all though!

#50 In line, just got home. Bought my stuff by cell phone and flashlight. Powers out.
these guys did an awesome job of handling it all though!
I totally agree. No one freaked out, they got people working on setting up the generator, got manual checkout set up and everyone was back shopping again in no time.

Oh man the power went out? Must have happened right after I left. I was #2 in line.
It went out at around 11:30 right after I went in. Good thing I got a good look at the corals and had an idea of what I wanted to get. I stuck it out and waited another hour or so until I was let in while the power is still down but they managed to power some lights and the computer by the time I checked out by the generator. Although I felt kind of rushed to be done so the employee can help the next customer, I did get a sun coral, an orange plate and a flame hawk. It was probably not worth the wait, but it was fun and a nice experience. The BRA employees were great and had things under control and did as much as they could with what they got, so kudos to them. Sadly a lot of people left after the power went out, but the line went faster so I'm not complaining. :)

That was brutal. I wish we could find the magic solution to the crowds, waiting, etc but its difficult. When we limit the numbers inside the store too strictly, the people outside are upset because they are cold or want to get in. When we let more in, the folks inside are upset because there isn't enough room. We'll shoot for a better happy medium next time. The power going out and the crazy wind blowing our tents around was just the icing on the cake of an already crazy day. We really appreciate everyone who waited and displayed such great patience. I'm so sorry you had to endure Day 1 with no power after waiting all that time. It's also really sad Dana Riddle didn't get to run more tests on certain corals and light sources today.

Big thanks to the staff who dealt with a really difficult, stressful situation very professionally. You guys were great. Truly, I can't believe how you all powered through what could have completely ruined the day.

4:05 am.. parking lot of barrier reef is very dark, wet, and lonely... me and the wife are first in line... lol cannot believe I did this ....

Your story still wins the day, even with us selling fish and coral for 4.5 hours using cell phone lights and flashlights. Thanks for coming!

That was brutal. I wish we could find the magic solution to the crowds, waiting, etc but its difficult. When we limit the numbers inside the store too strictly, the people outside are upset because they are cold or want to get in. When we let more in, the folks inside are upset because there isn't enough room. We'll shoot for a better happy medium next time. The power going out and the crazy wind blowing our tents around was just the icing on the cake of an already crazy day. We really appreciate everyone who waited and displayed such great patience. I'm so sorry you had to endure Day 1 with no power after waiting all that time. It's also really sad Dana Riddle didn't get to run more tests on certain corals and light sources today.

Big thanks to the staff who dealt with a really difficult, stressful situation very professionally. You guys were great. Truly, I can't believe how you all powered through what could have completely ruined the day.
Yup, great job and round of applause to the staff who were so helpful and tried their best to handle it with what they got. I'm sorry some people left after the power went out, but again, I applaud that you still keep the line going for those who stay.
I have a magic solution, move to a bigger place!! lol.
Jokes aside, I really enjoyed the event/sale today, and it was great meeting new people, and let's hope tomorrow will run smoothly!

I showed up around 8:00 and was around # 35. After the doors opened and the store filled up I ended up holding the door open and handed out numbers. This sale was crazy, the numbers started at 720 and by the time I handed number 807 out at 10:45. The next person chose to leave and I assured them they wouldn't be disappointed if they came back in the afternoon or even Sunday. I picked up my live stock and left just after 11:00. When I walked back in to grab my salt the power was down. The crew was already formulating a plan to keep things going. Great job everyone at Barrier Reef!!

Dana Riddle commented at least twice that in all his years he has never seen a LFS sale with a line out the door like this. He made sure to take pictures so his friends would believe him when he mentioned the devotion Seattle reefers have for this sale and for the hobby. Again, GREAT JOB STAFF OF BARRIER REEF!!! You guys and gals have been rocking it since the doors opened seven (?) years ago. I forget, was it 2006 or 2007?

Yeah Ichthys texted me at 3:35am asking if I was up lol I showed up at 5. It wasn't too bad at first, it rained for a while then stop. But once that wind started picking up, I had a feeling one or both of those tents were going to end up in Oz :becky: I had a great time talking up by the doors, I had brought a book with me but hardly got to read it, I was enjoying the conversation too much!

I tell you though, it was awesome inside, seeing all those tanks stocked up and ready to roll.

Thank you to all the loyal customers that stuck around while we figured out the generator. We really learned from this one.

Yeah Ichthys texted me at 3:35am asking if I was up lol I showed up at 5. It wasn't too bad at first, it rained for a while then stop. But once that wind started picking up, I had a feeling one or both of those tents were going to end up in Oz :becky: I had a great time talking up by the doors, I had brought a book with me but hardly got to read it, I was enjoying the conversation too much!

I tell you though, it was awesome inside, seeing all those tanks stocked up and ready to roll.

Ya I was surprised when I showed up at 615 that you 3 were already there. haha. I planned on watching movies to pass the time but the conversation was great and I touched my phone like 3 times total. Really good time.

Thank you BR for putting on the event. I didn't make it to the shop, but the dinner on Friday was great! I even walked away with a $50 gift certificate for coral along with all the other great stuff in the bag!

Thanks Mr Riddle for making the trip and for the informative talk. I can't wait to see what spectral analysis shows for deeper water levels. Keep up the good work.

Thanks to all the helpful staff at BR, it was a great fun event. Had a nice time in line talking with fellow hobbyists and picked up lots of goodies. All livestock in QT and doing well, 2 buckets of salt, a new pump, it was like early Christmas...

well.. lets see if being number 1 in line pays off by winning some raffles lol.. waiting for my phone to ring Cy..

Back