Ben's (Class Clown) 240G Photo thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jan, color is such a subjective thing and not always easy to get accurate. I just play around with the color temperature sliders in Lightroom until it looks correct to my eyes. I have my white balance set to manual so everything should come out consistent so not much adjustment would be needed one way or the other. So that means I pretty much just wing it :) I noticed the snail shell still looked a little too yellow after I exported the shot into Photoshop so I did some color stuff there rather than in Lightroom. Those three samples aren't really enough to judge sharpness as the first two were just resized for this example and not sharpened after, the third shot was sharpened before I added it to the other two.

Having that said, here are some SPS shots :D

27)
IMG_0997-Edit.jpg

28)
IMG_1004-Edit.jpg

29)
IMG_0999-Edit.jpg

30)
IMG_1005-Edit.jpg

31)
IMG_0998-Edit.jpg

Very nice shots! What kind of anthias are those Ben?

Hey Jesse - those are the square sides. The male is bigger and has a purple square on this side. The female is smaller and has no square side -she's mostly yellow. Oh Jesse, you would absolutely love these guys in your new tank. Anthias have quickly become one of my favorites. They are always out and about and are so graceful and showey.. i'd love to get a few more for my own tank.

Ben,

I have been told that unless you have a harem of females, the male will lose its bright color.

Beautiful photography. The water must be crystal clear in the tank because the fish appear to be swimming in air. Wonderful specimens captured as well.

wow...I came rushing over here to check out #27 & 29. :D

Like you keep reminding me, it's amazing how different the same coral can look in different people's tanks! The yellow acro looks awesome! :)

Thanks for all of the comments so far. I'm trying to squeeze in a little time to edit these up between remodeling my condo, he is tonights effort. I call this fun with actinics :D

32)
IMG_1162-Edit.jpg

33)
IMG_1161-Edit.jpg

34)
IMG_1160-Edit.jpg

35)
IMG_1163-Edit.jpg

36)
IMG_1165-Edit.jpg

37)
IMG_1153-Edit.jpg

Ben, what's the big green staghorn in the center of the tank? It looks a different color than the green slimer on the right side....

Hey Hey... Now those are some psychadelic photos.. lots of fun!

Ben, what's the big green staghorn in the center of the tank? It looks a different color than the green slimer on the right side....

Hey Jan --- that's the famous thin branched Yellow stag from Duane (trido's) tank. If I'm not mistaken, he may have a couple frags of it still - it is quite nice. If he doesn't, I'd be glad to hook you up in a month or so. I went out of town for the weekend, came back, and swear each of the tips of this baby grew like a quarter inch or better. I should warn you though, I did go to Vegas and my judgement still may be a little impaired :p:p:p

Cool! Yeah, I heard that Duane (Trido) has a little of that green staghorn left. I should snag some of that as it looks really nice! (I actually did have a frag of it once but it must have fallen into the coral-eating rocks, and is hanging out with my missing granulosa.)

Back