Ben's Mixed Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here are some photos I took today.

I'm also starting the blue coral method feeding up again which is why I'm posting here. Yesterday evening (friday March 23)was the first night I feed again. will use these to compare against in a couple months.

Full Tank
tankafterswap.jpg

kewl pics dood, you know it's funny that when i see your fishes they look tiny in the pic ... but when you see them in person.... they're freaking huge :confused: :shock:

by the way i'm talking about the anthias with the purple square :p

Now, here are a few of my new favorite additions. All are frags b/c can't afford much more than that right now, but I can't wait to see what they grow up to be like.

"Superman's relative" - Jesse special- blue body/red polyp
P1010869.jpg

David (hooked82) hooked me up with my first ricordia - I can tell the ricordia obsession is starting already. :) :)

would love for someone to explain to me what type of ricordia this is or point me in the right direction for some more info on types of ricordia. I've heard the term "yuma" used before and "florida" ricordia etc, but I don't know the difference.

P1010745.jpg

Can you see the lettuce nudi? look closely

I don't know how long these guys are going to survive, but they're cool!

P1010829.jpg

I've had all of these corals for a while now, but thought this was a cool pic of my bicolor blenny. That coral on the left is awesome! I don't know what it is, but it has purple tips, white polyps, and a off white body - That's a Scott special. I wish I wouldv'e got a little more from him before he broke down his tank.

P1010852.jpg

Picked this frag up this morning from Duane - very cool blueish/green mili of some sort. BTW - one of the nicest tanks I've ever seen in person was Duane's (Trido's). if you ahven't seen it, ask him for a tour. My decision to go in wall I think was pretty much solidified this morning.

P1010843.jpg

Also new entry this morning - from Duane

did I mention I love his tank!!!!!

blue mili - we're going to see how this one does. it's polyps were a bit retracted for one reason or another. Hoping it makes a nice hairy recovery :lol: :lol: :lol:

P1010856.jpg

Pink Mili/blue tips - a Scott special.

Tips are more blue than this typically, may just be all of the changes recently

P1010858.jpg

Last edited:
Pink Mili - have had this for a while - grew out of a small frag from Mattseattle. I've just now put it back in front

below it at the bottom are two pretty cool acan's - Orange, greens, and blue's in there all at once - pretty psychadelic!

P1010860.jpg

Although the rearrange did cause me to loose several frags never to be found, I did find these guys - purple w/ green center zoos - Very cool! I used to have a whole rock of 'em and now I'm dissapointed I got rid of it. Hey, at least I have these remanants :)

Also is a small pinapple shaped frag of fiji purple tort from Chad

see my lady yellow anthias lurking in the rockwork in the background :)
P1010877.jpg

and lastly, sad to say, but my butterfly didn't make it out of the rock slide (RIP little buddy), but I did get a pretty neat crazy eyed flame hawk from Luis.

P1010871.jpg

Nice flame hawk and your tank is looking great!:D Sorry to hear you lost your fish though... It happens I guess:rolleyes:

Thanks.. I feel like it is a gigantic frag tank. :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't wait till it grows out a little more now.

Hey, I just noticed, checkout the second to last pic and there is another nudibranch running around - they're cute. :)

Back