Best LFS in Seattle area?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

:lol: no doubt...it was strange to find but then I have become accustomed to how reef geeks think! :D

I just spoke with someone last night that took a long drive there only to not find it...so there are some people that are missing it, including all the people that just don't 'see' it and decide to visit on a whim. But I've been told additional signage is crazy costly/paperwork.

well, if I can find it brain damage and all, I would think other people could find it. And good signage can be a double-edged sword in that business. It could actually cost more in labor than it's worth if your store fills up with tourists and you can't properly serve the "real" buyers...so when I was there, I didn't have to wait through a line of people all asking moronic questions like, "are these saltwater fish?" or "my nemos keep dying, do you have any more?" :rolleyes:

I would imagine that rents are high there, and that this store is probably the first phase of BR to keep the risk down and cement good long-term business before going to a full retail front situation. And to be honest, working out of warehouse space like Mario does would be just fine with me too, if the quality is good, the store is clean, and the selection of dry goods is decent.

Keeping the overhead down is really important in any kind of business so if enough people buy from them, I am sure they will expand just like I did in my store. I didn't expand until I had enough business to pay my rent in 3 days out of the month.

Good points

All good points, but if people just invest more time in their speakeasy hobbies, and educate themselves, then there wouldn't be a problem. :)

Back