Best online retailer to order LR from?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

2k1ntha925

Hey everyone, I have a 46G Bowfront and I'm ready to order some live rock =) . I was looking at www.oceanpro.com and www.liveaquaria.com . They both have 45LBS. boxes of cured fiji premium LR for $89.99. Has anyone delt with these places? How was the quality of the rock? Any help is appreciated on retails you bought from b4 too! I wanna get started and then go purchase some from a local store. I also have a 29G that I can put some of the pieces in that dont work with my layout. Thanx!

LA.com as a company (fish, corals and Cust.Service) are EXCELLENT, im very picky about CS and they impress me, never ordered LR from them thou, i would assume it would be great as their products always have been with me

I used liveaquaria and they sent really nice live rock that was well packaged and still fairly fresh. MarineDepot Live also has a similar price for 45 lbs.

Man I wish I lived in the states when it comes to this hobby. The prices even with the exchange are great! Here, it sells for $210 for 30LBS retail. Even from people selling it privately the cheapest I have seen it for is $105. Atleast i can order dry goods from the sponsors on this board.

Premium Aquatics has some nice rock, too. I've had a shipment of rock sent to Chicago for a tank there, and it arrived really nice. I even requested a particular sized piece, and received a rock with near size I was looking for. If you go to the sponsors page, you can click on their banner and get to their site. Hope this helps

I bougt from ocean pro I got ordered 3 day delivery it was 5 day they offered to exchange right away but I already put it my then empty tank it has more purple coraline algae than many i've seen eventually all rock gets some but it is sooo thick . The peices were not huge but that was ok with me. I would not order close to any holiday like thanskgiving and talk to them about your delivery concerns mine was due to a ups train delay not them and even after 5 days it was still very nice of cource there was some die off but my tank was bare hope this helps :) Paul

Back