Bill's 100gal Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hmmm... dangerous? Let me see... Is it the small vertical pipe? maybe too much water and will overflow? But if you add another elbow on that small vertical pipe and point it towards the sump... and then add another 2 or 3 inches of pipe... all excess water will still end up in the sump.

J-Pipe-Sump.jpg

So I got rid of the noise....put some pink foam board in the stand to deaden the sound, worked great. Then I put a black trim boarder around the top of the tank so you don't see the water line and the acrylic seam. I think it looks cleaner. So heres a pic of the return pipe I made.

tankbuild3001.jpg

tankbuild3002.jpg

tankbuild3003.jpg

Man this sucks...the tank may have to be stopped for awhile. I lost my job today. I wasn't spending pay on the build just frag sale money , but no ones buying now and I still need a heater and lighting. The sale of the old tank was to fund the lighting. So this thread may get really boring now.

I can understand that man. I had to put my 4x4 cube build off do to getting hurt at work. L&I pays the bills not for a build. But you have water and sand cycling. It'll just seem like your real patient:) seriously though good luck.

Well Igot a call today for an interveiw. I put an app. in with these guys a month ago and now they call me the day after loosing my job. Have an interveiw tomorrow. Better job too.

well got my heaters all going and transfered of all livestock. Heres some pics.

tankbuild4andkatiespics051.jpg

tankbuild4andkatiespics055.jpg

tankbuild4andkatiespics056.jpg

So I'm thinking I need just alittle more rock, but not to much. I want swiming room for some fish. Right now I only have 4, a lawnmower blenny, a snowflake, a blue velvet damsel and some other kind of damsel that was yellow with a couple horizontal stips but is now dark with yellon fins.

And you can see I need more lighting.

Tank looks great! Not sure, but it looks a lil darn to me on the left! Must be for those DEEP DEEP water corals. Jk. Are you going to run leds or going for mh?

I'd like to get a schooling fish like chromis.....Would like to have tangs and stuff but also like having macros in the display. Maybe some anthias...

If your gonna get schooling fish, my vote would be anthias. When I get a tropical tank with fin room that's what I'm gonna get. They are beautiful.

Cromis cost more in the long run, imo and ime. I can never get them to last long in any of the setups ive had. I have 5 right now, but thats all thats left of the 11 i bought after 3 months. For a "for now" light fixture, you should look at oddysea lights. I bought a 72" 3 bulb 250 watt with moonlights and actinics for $465 back in december. It was/is my "for now" fixture till i scrounge up led money. If you do get one, the bulbs are...not so good...really yellow for 15k. I switched them out in the first month to 20k.

Back