Bill's 100gal Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well I have some updates .....

I just traded my 2 skimmers off for one reefoctopus extreme 200, it's a much larger skimmer. And it's running great pulling crude like crazy. I have been fighting the bryopsis and now hair algae and think my biggest problem was lack of skimming and high nutreints and waste. I have alotof fish and need to stop rescueing fish from people.
I also upgradede my sump from a 34 gal one to a 55gal. I have a large rubble rock section in the sump now and the better skimmer, plus the larger water volume. I think all this should help alot.

Heres some pics of the refuge and skimmer.

1-21-13018.jpg

1-21-13021.jpg

1-21-13023.jpg

Very nice. Skimmer looks awesome. Did you just get it today. Looks like its pulling stuff good already.
Also when did you do the sump. Everything looks awesome!

Yea I'm going to upgrade the pump to the sicce PSK 1000. It has the psk 25oo on it now and it humms alot and dosn't start up good at all. Plus I hear the psk1000 pulls more water and air. Yea I have a large bio load and needed the larger refuge and skimmer. I'll give it some time and see if it works out.

Your tank looks great! How's the Sailfin working out in a 100? I'm trying to decide which tangs to get, if any, for my 112. I also notice you have some blue-green chromis and banggaii cardinals - both on my list!

WOW! great job everything is looking awesome. Like the landscape and extra room for things to grow and swim.

Well just an update on my tank I took some cell phone pics.

URL=http://s99.photobucket.com/user/blk822/media/2013-09-26_19-54-16_761_zpsc7ef6484.jpg.html]
2013-09-26_19-54-16_761_zpsc7ef6484.jpg
[/URL

Bad pics but my camera got stolen from my house and I'm waiting to get it back from the police.

Back