BOB Moore 2011 News.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey! I know that guy!

Thanks to all who are keeping his memory alive.
D

Bob Moore with his 240 gallon tank in 2001.

BobMoore.jpg

As you all know Boob MOore Frag swap is coming up on
Date:FEB 19th.2011
Time: 12 pm-5pm
Where:306 134th
Spanaway, Washington 98444

Sponsor who will be there are:
Barrier Reef
Cherry corals
Reefkoi

I hope you all will come it's going to be fun...
I also want to thank our new sponsor the Frag farmer for his donation for this event will post pics of them when they get here along with all the other killer frags we got from him...

OK I know this has probably been answered some where already but I can't seem to find it. I have never been to a meeting due to conflicting schedules and am super excited to come to the Frag swap in February, I was thinking about bringing a couple frags for trade or sale or whatever, and am not really sure of the rules or how to transport and store the frags. I am up for all suggestions.

Thanks
Steve

If you would like to setup a tank you are welcome too, it cant be over 20 gallons. If you just have a couple frags you would like to bring to trade/sell. You are welcome to transport them in a styrofoam container and either just keep them in that and trade at the event. All though I imagine somebody would be plenty willing to let you float your frags in their tank until you found homes for them.

wow everyone so touchy I mean really it is what it is and some seem to forget what its all about I guess gone are the days of locals going to have fun enjoying a good nerd meeting and bsing with friends It used to be so small and simple I can remember a meeting consisted of an impromt to meeting of 5-10 guys/gals in a garage or living room kicking back and being on a trade level no one bought much most wanted to pass corals around so others could get going or so if they lost a coral there was always a back up piece in a friends tank you could go and get a piece of I know some of these people still exist and I value them.. but really politics suck I never met bob but some of the people that kenw him best taught me and its why this meeting is held. Sell some stuff trade some stuff have some fun. or dont go

I would love to come and have no problem paying the PSAS fee, I was planning on doing that anyways. I do not have any coral to trade or swap though, as I am only about 2 months into my reef tank. I would love to buy some coral though, but don't know what I would need to transport them home with. Any advice?

Lee

I would love to come and have no problem paying the PSAS fee, I was planning on doing that anyways. I do not have any coral to trade or swap though, as I am only about 2 months into my reef tank. I would love to buy some coral though, but don't know what I would need to transport them home with. Any advice?

Lee

Well your best form of transport is going to be a cooler. you can get some heatpacks if you would like (handwarmer wrapped in a thing towel works well) As for the type of cooler you can go as simple as a small stryro for a few frags to in the past i've used one of the large roll around "ice cube" coolers.

Well your best form of transport is going to be a cooler. you can get some heatpacks if you would like (handwarmer wrapped in a thing towel works well) As for the type of cooler you can go as simple as a small stryro for a few frags to in the past i've used one of the large roll around "ice cube" coolers.

Awesome! I'm pretty excited about the event, it will be my first. It will be nice to meet some fellow hobbyists and get some good guidance for coral keeping. Thanks again.

We'll be there with some new stuff to sell but we will also be contributing a bunch of free frags for the give-away to honor the Bob Moore philosophy and tradition. I might even be able to frag a piece of the original Bob Moore Blue Stag to give away. Thanks to Dan and Bob for sharing it with us!

Sorry i found the info, this is nice only 1 mile from my home. Guess i'll be traveling on the next event.

We'll be there with some new stuff to sell but we will also be contributing a bunch of free frags for the give-away to honor the Bob Moore philosophy and tradition. I might even be able to frag a piece of the original Bob Moore Blue Stag to give away. Thanks to Dan and Bob for sharing it with us!

Thanks very much CY! I look forward to seeing you and the Barrier crew at the swap :)

We were really hoping to make it over for this! Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I hope everyone has a great time! Last summer, our club kept the tradition going, with a frag swap/BBQ, at our home. We had 50-60 people here!! I gave a little "speech" on Bob Moore and the story behind the tradition. Dan helped me out, with some historical background. Angie and I also raffled a free frag of our Bob Moore Stag. To the PSAS Club, thank you for keeping this wonderful Pay It Forward tradition alive!!

OOO I talked to CY today and ,,, All I can say is WOW he is gonna ave some KILLER STUFF.. To donate and to sell..
Be on the lookout for pics this week of PSAS stuff and sponsor stuff to be here.

Back