Bored again...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

akaatomic

Things were way too quiet on the reef last night, so I decided to re-aquascape my tank. Needless to say I'm less than pleased with the outcome. I swore that I heard glass crack a few times as rocks avalanched, I caused a major sediment storm and I kept touching it and making it worse. I had to get some sleep at 2am. I think that I need a rock stacking lesson from Steve.

anytime you want me to come help im there. just let me know.:D

Cool. I'm gonna take another crack at it tonght. Maybe I just need more beer.

I am gonna do the same with the 75 this week.:badgrin: May start some tonight. Put a 250 MH over it but seems like just a tad much with a 10k so got to find a 20k - here is my stupid story for the week -- went to local hardware (not Cramer's at the end of my street) and was looking for extension cord wire to wire lights just some 16 3. Well was 49 cents a foot Home Depot was 50 cents:eek:and a 100 ft 16 gage extension cord was 11.99. HMMMM do the math. I know what I bought:p :badgrin:

PSSS If I make a sand storm I will try to run a HOT filter or canister to grab as much as I can before it settles and then may go vacuuming using the filter.

I too am planning to re aquascape my 210 actually i am going to put my entire structure on stilts so that when i get my ray he has the entire tank floor for himself. I will be very busy for the next few weeks for sure.

Here's the latest. Sorry the pic is small. Still needs some tuning, but all in all I'm happy with it. I went with a "shelf" motif. Now I have to grab everything out of the frag tank and figure out where everything should go. I have to glue everything down this time to thwart the efforts of my terroristic hermit crabs. Also, I cleaned my glass for this pic, but my coraline is really taking off.
*Swings a scraper over his head like a war axe* Bring it on!

looks good ben now get those frags back in. the mushroom you gave me is around the size of a half dollar today pretty cool:D

Nice. Hopefully everything survives. I put a few pieces back in the tank. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient. I'm also concerned about things acclimating back to my display lights. It's only been a few days in the frag tank, so I should be OK.
p.s. - I already moved rocks around. It never ends!!!

Here's the latest. Sorry the pic is small. Still needs some tuning, but all in all I'm happy with it. I went with a "shelf" motif. Now I have to grab everything out of the frag tank and figure out where everything should go. I have to glue everything down this time to thwart the efforts of my terroristic hermit crabs. Also, I cleaned my glass for this pic, but my coraline is really taking off.
*Swings a scraper over his head like a war axe* Bring it on!
Wow it looks great!!
except for that one rock on the bottom middle don't you think it would look better on the top.:D

Here's one last tank shot. I'm done moving rocks for a while. I put all of my frags back in, but the pic is too small to see anything. I also scored this yellow gorg from a local store here. If it acclimates well and stays healthy, I'll cut it up for the next meeting.

Back