Box Jellyfish...Most venomous!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Detri I dive here too. Water temps at some of the wrecks here are mid to low 30's. I'm sure its the same for you. If your ever in the area let me know we can do some divin!

Detri I dive here too. Water temps at some of the wrecks here are mid to low 30's. I'm sure its the same for you. If your ever in the area let me know we can do some divin!

You guys are sick! Just come visit me in the Bahamas and lets swim in water with temperatures that soup is usually served at! You can take the fish out of the ocean and just eat them...Already cooked!(LOL)

Boy, I would love that. I have never been on a reef that or diving in waters that are great with just swimming trunks or shorty.

really Detri ?
you know it's been 8 years since i left mexico and i miss swimming on the beach, getting sun burns, catching crabs and snails and seeing the fishes swimming around my legs, trust me you would love it dood.

Well I can do that in the ocean here. Its jus freakin cold LOL. My favorite is when the tide goes out and I can walk out and get my own seafood feast. Snow crab, mussles, clams, lobster...Shhhhh... if its not the right time of year. that would be poaching.

lol yeah i remember one time i tried swimming in one of vancouver, canada beaches and it wasn't fun, i got a cold right after that :D .
hmm i bet its awesome to catch some lobster hmm yummi , where's the butter :D

i think you talking about a platypus(sp.)but isn't that a marsupial(sp.again)

i love spell check you should have seen how i butchered those 2 befor:)

isn't a marsupial a mammal? I thought it was. I guess I should have said "Worlds only venomous marsupial" But platypus is correct, I guess the males have a claw on their back legs that carries a nasty poison.

the difference between marsupials and mammals the the way they incubate the babes(main difference)mammals keep there embreos inside(for lack of a better term)and marsupials embreos leave the womb and go to a pouch early on and continue to grow just off of the milk.but i think you right now that im exploring the depths of my brain. it also the only mammal that lays eggs

With all those nasties its no wonder someone had the bright idea to make Australia a prison colony. Critters to get you on land and if you try to swim for it a whole new bunch to get you in the ocean!

since we are talking abotu stinging,what has everyone been stung by in there tanks?the only thing for me is a carpet anemone..i think it's a haddoni,boy that sucker lit me up once.

Nothing stung me yet. I've only had fish though and one anemone, but I picked him up out of the ocean on a rock and put the whole rock in the tank and removed it when he came off of it.

yes i have Chris and Barb the first time i added my long tentacle in the tank, it stink the heck out of me, one of my thumbs was numbed for a while

Back