Bricky's new Elos......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yeah, I put some pipe down. PVC that is. Still have some more to do as we ran into some issues with the route. Should be an easy fix with some canaflex pipe.

Thanks for the nice compliments everybody.

Thought I'd share the lift in action. The drawer slides and linear actuator are rated for 500 lbs. but the whole setup doesn't come any where near that.

Tankwithcanopylifted004.jpg

Tankwithcanopylifted005.jpg

Tankwithcanopylifted003.jpg

Looking good brother man. I'll be busy this wknd, but let me know if you need any pipe laying mad skills help going into next week.. :p

Here's my initial fill.

Flowfortank008.jpg

Now I'm just fine tuning the return flow and drain to get the maximum out of the return and the least noise from the drains.

Flowfortank.jpg

Edwing - The sump and refugiums are out in the garage.

Ordered up my live rock today from Barrier Reef. I'll be getting multiple boxes of Vanuatu. I hear it's really nice stuff. I guess we'll all see in the next couple of weeks.

Beautiful set up! Its going to be fantastic when finished!

Is hte linear actuator on your hood powered, or is it a manual assist type deal?

Nick

Very nice....

Its official, I'm envious.....

Nick

Picked up 2/6 boxes of Vanauatu live rock today from Barrier Reef Aquariums. Really nice stuff. I can't wait to see the single XL rocks I ordered.

Liverock005.jpg

Liverock002.jpg

The rocks are just lumped in the tank until the rest shows up.

Liverock007.jpg

Liverock009.jpg

The rest of the rock should be here on Monday. I might just have to take the afternoon off so that I can aquascape things.

Matt,

I would run it as is. More room for monster corals. Who needs all that rock anyways. Just takes up water volume.

Just playin'

J

Amazing tank to say the least!
i have one question though. did you realize you blocked your fireplace?:shock:
Matt

Tank took priority over the fireplace. I'll just have to throw in a fireplace dvd and turn up the heat to get the same sensation. I think it's a fair trade.

Back