Bricky's new Elos......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Corals5-4-09013.jpg

Corals5-4-09014.jpg

So now that I am thoroughly jealous. I think that your tank is awesome and looks phenomenol. Absolutely gorgeous.

She's still in there Kirk, and she's as fat as ever. If I ever have to pull her out I'll give you a call.

Corals5-4-09004.jpg

Sunset Monti

Corals5-4-09008.jpg

Setosa

Corals5-4-09009.jpg

Loripes

Corals5-4-09010.jpg

You don't have any problems with that Regal Angel with your SPS or LPS? I would love to get one of those or a Blueface Angel for my tank in the future. I will have mainly SPS and LPS.

I've seen the Regal take a nip here and there to a few sps and my australian brain, but never any damage. I do keep the take pretty well fed though too.

I had several issues over the last two months that slowed growth and color. First it was the heat of the summer (106 degrees outside can cause some problems even with a chiller). Thought I was ok, but when your temp probe is off by 2.5 degrees that can eventually do some damage. Then I had to deal with red bugs and my refractometer being off. The salinity got a little high (around 1.028)

Needles to say, I had some corals recede and some die. Lessons learned. 18 years of reefing, you'd think I knew what to look for. Now I do for sure. I check my temp once a week with a high precision thermometer and calibrate the refractometer more often.

I'm also upgrading the garage. Bigger sump, adding the kalk reactor, adding a fluidized reactor for Elos Filtra M, and starting Brightwell's MB7 and Biofuel.

Looks good Matt!

Its easy to forget the basics. I also just check my refractometer after too long. It was off...........

Back