Brie's 34gal Solana

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow that's really cool, is it a hang on the back system or does it sit in your aquarium? Did you buy it or make it? Sorry for all the questions just new to the nano side of the hobby!

Wow that's really cool, is it a hang on the back system or does it sit in your aquarium? Did you buy it or make it? Sorry for all the questions just new to the nano side of the hobby!

Its the Current USA Solana system. Comes as you see. It does all sit inside the aquarium, which takes up a couple inches of the tank depth.

That website is sick. Along with all of your photos the time just flew by while i was looking at your gallery. Awesome snakes too.

And a couple more red blasto pics...
4377771270_b2a1b45dc3_o.jpg

Nice Blastos :)

Nice Blastos :)

Gee, thanks. ;) They've been doing great, cept for one.. I think my money cowries might of eaten it. :\ The green one.. It still has a bit of tissue in the center but nothing else.. Been hoping for its return, so it's still in the tank.

3-8-10 update

Some new photos taken today. My tank has finally kicked the bit of haziness, and gone through the ugly algae phase(thank you lettuce nudi and star astreas! lol). I've added quite a bit of stuff so decided to take some new pics tonight... I cant wait for stuff to start growing now!

4418441277_31c117c5b7_o.jpg

4419207776_f3e6b0eac4_o.jpg

4418441319_7cb85958f2_o.jpg

4418441419_c4211760e1_o.jpg

Thanks Adam for the Sunset Monti. :)
4418441497_28712edd5c_o.jpg

And thanks Bricky for a piece of his BADASS Northern Lights granulosa
4418441625_e55af07e60_o.jpg

wow, tank looks awesome brie....
how's that skimmer pullin' for ya?

Its meh. Its pulling some skimmate and is getting past the watery phase, but i'm still going to buy a Tunze and a StevieT InTank skimmer cup prolly next payday. Comic Con is this weekend so won't have any extra money off this one. ;)

if your talkin a tunze 9002, I'd almost say skip it...
I guess if it was me, I'dprobably take everything except the return pump/top off out of the back and put a hob skimmer back there.
the WM H1, or eshopps ps-100h.

That little tank is filling with corals and turning purple with coraline fast.

if your talkin a tunze 9002, I'd almost say skip it...
I guess if it was me, I'dprobably take everything except the return pump/top off out of the back and put a hob skimmer back there.
the WM H1, or eshopps ps-100h.

Yeah thats what i'm adding, the 9002. Its the best nano skimmer around IMO.

No room for a HOB, and i'm not a big fan of many of them anyway. Although I am planning on gutting the back of the tank, and adding a top off soon.

Yeah thats what i'm adding, the 9002. Its the best nano skimmer around IMO.

No room for a HOB, and i'm not a big fan of many of them anyway. Although I am planning on gutting the back of the tank, and adding a top off soon.

well, then you might also consider modding the pump on the existing skimmer as well, or replacing it with say a meshed maxijet 1200, even that would be like twice the power of the tunze 9002(150lph air injection via post pump venturi).
I am not a big fan of hob skimmers either, but the 2 I mentioned work better than anything else for that size tank, and would probably actually fit(especially if you were planning on gutting the filter).
also this skimmer someone has 4 sale would be almost twice the power of the tunze 9002:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51835

Last edited:
The red blastos are TOTALLY sweet! I have always been a blasto man!

Back