Brie's 34gal Solana

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Those are awesome new frags, Brie! I particularly like that multi-colored plate coral.

Last edited:
New feesh.... A male Orangethroat Pike Blenny...

This is an awesome fish. I've been totally obsessed with them since I discovered em last month. Stoked we got in a couple of males at the shop so I could snag one.

These are SUPER cool fish. My pics really dont do em justice. Mine chose to hide in a dark shadowed area of the tank, making crisp photos all but impossible.

The males seem to do a color flash thing similar to flasher wrasses. Go from brownish to dark black and bright blue. MUCH better photos of a pair of these fish in the wild can be seen HERE. Its amazing how wide they can gape their mouths, too.

Click pic for full size

That's a cool fish! I've never seen one before and for a second there I thought it was some kind of eel.

That's crazy!! Looks like a crossbreed between lizard, snake and fish LOL! Very cool!! Are they predatory like freshwater pikes are? :)

That's crazy!! Looks like a crossbreed between lizard, snake and fish LOL! Very cool!! Are they predatory like freshwater pikes are? :)

Yeah they're super cool looking.. And yeah, sorta.. They eat what fits in their mouth(which is substantial lol). So no small peppermint or sexy shrimp or nano gobies.

That's a cool fish! I've never seen one before and for a second there I thought it was some kind of eel.

yeah this is the first male i've ever seen in person. We got a female a month or so ago, and she was cool looking but not nearly as much as the males...

Tank looks great! Do you guys happen to have any male Pike Blenny's still in stock? Been interested in these guys for a bit. Are they not known to jump?

Tank looks great! Do you guys happen to have any male Pike Blenny's still in stock? Been interested in these guys for a bit. Are they not known to jump?

No Sorry, J-Ranko got the other one.. I'm sure we'll get more in though.. As for jumping, i'm not sure.. They seem to stick primarily to the ground/rocks and like to hide. Mine hasn't left his tube since I put it in there, except to come out and snatch food.. Its crazy, they BACK into the tubes.. Crazy to watch, like seeing a shark swim backwards. lol.

Back