Bubble Magus Skimmers?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Crap, I may end up buying one of those. Is that 150g rating for a med/heavy load? When I eventually upgrade to my 125g this nw-150 doesn't sound like it's gonna work.

Crap, I may end up buying one of those. Is that 150g rating for a med/heavy load? When I eventually upgrade to my 125g this nw-150 doesn't sound like it's gonna work.

Hey Kerry I'd go with the BM150 or 160. Price is a little more but worth it. The BM100 is rated for 150g with light to med bioload and 90g for high bioload. :)

well, with 450 lph air running through slightly less than 3.0"....
i'd say leave it stock and see what she can do.
If it was 3.75-4.0" i'd say go for it...
do you concur luke?

I'm sure the id of the neck is 2.5 so unless you want a foam cannon leave it be. I'd like to see a air meter hooked up to it too to be honest. I'd really be surprised to see a via aqua 2600 pulling 450lph air. If they got it pulling that much air as a pw i bet i can get 600lph out of it with a better venturi and mesh.

Which Impeller do I use?

I see the MSX160 comes with silencer, pw and meshwheel.

Which one should I use on my 90 gallon, I would say it has med bio load right now

I will try that one once it broke in

Now that I have your attention, exactly where do I want my water / bubble line once it is running? Some say in the neck some say higher. What is best for this skimmer?

I will try that one once it broke in

Now that I have your attention, exactly where do I want my water / bubble line once it is running? Some say in the neck some say higher. What is best for this skimmer?

scince luke sells these, he's the man to ask:)
it's been a few months scince i've messed with one.
mause, dont you own this skimmer??

Back