• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bullet Proof

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JPG@CFI

Precision Fabricator
Reef Frontiers,

Clear Fabrications, Inc. has been building tanks, and related products since 2002. We have always, and will continue to build the best for you, the hard core reef keeper.
There are tank builders out there that build good stuff, but can they prove that their tanks are bullet proof? We can!
We built a nice little tank for stock, and after we finished it up, we decided to put it to the test. We shot it at 15 yards with a 9mm. The first shot was a 124 gr FMJ, and the second round was a Federal Hydroshock 124 gr hollowpoint. Needless to say, the tank will still hold water. It is on sale, so PM me with offers. Great conversation piece.

very nice. your products are always of highest standard.

I will be getting with you on that tank we talked about shortly.

I just have a few questions #1 Is my 1 inch thick tank bullert proof? #2 is that my tank in the pic with the lead?? #3 if that is my tank in the pics I guess you can disreguard questions 1&2

Now that's what I call an agressive tank. Probably got lots of triggers in there, eh?

Thank you, thank you. I'll be appearing nightly at your local Holiday Inn. Don't miss my Happy Hour shows. Guaranteed to be a real laugh riot!

Mike

I started building my own stuff first, before I offering it to you all. I was going to run this one myself, but a few of you saw it in the shop, and wanted it. I can add bullet holes to just about anything, I have sold it. Thanks to all that have inquired.

Jason

:cool: LOL Jason! As someone that has had the pleasure of firing a few rounds with you... I am wondering what took you so long

So what you are saying is you tanks are pullet proof??
in that case would all of you old tank be this way too??

Myteemouse,

I think we built your tank out of .500", so to some degree, yes. I would think all the smaller caliber handguns up to 380ACP.
I will throw it out, that my warranty does NOT cover leakage caused by stray bullets. Jason

LOL yes it's half inch
I was just wondering .. I thought that all cell cast acrylic is pullet proof to some degree depending on thickness. and application.

Lexan, or polycarbonate is the best at stopping bullets. The really cool stuff is only available to the military. It is layered and soaks up everything that can be shoulder fired. A close friend of mine was in Iraq, and the layered Lexan saved his life. A Serbian sniper hit the windshield twice where his head was. That was this snipers fatal mistake, as our Force Recon took care of business. Not a good day for that guy.
On another note, thank you, to all in our armed services. Their service to our country makes it possible for us all to sleep soundly at night.

Jason

Back