Car pictures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lol.....I broke the tranny in the capri racing up Mt Baldy. Couldn't get it into reverse to save my life....that is actually a very funny story. But I should start another thread about that if you wanted to read it.

Or pm me. Could start a new thread on our funny, or not so funny, vehicle misshap stories.

Pfffft 415... 508 to the wheels last dyno, but um your car probably weighs about half, and it prolly launches without too much spin, hmmmm I better not race :)
I am looking forward to the next dyno, added some new goodies...
That is a nice looking car Justin, I was eyeballing it on Saturday!
Very nice "eyes" picture!
Any of you BMW guys have thoughts about the X5? Patty is thinking about trading her xi.

Yep, the cobra is a chubby little pig.
I talked with a guy yesterday, I think I'm gonna take it to the autocross class this spring. Should be worth a ton of laughs, I can't think of a more ill suited car for those tight little turns :)
I'm pretty sure that it has the same turn radius as an aircraft carrier...

and responding to the spin comments and such....I have beat many a cars with twice the HP or more....I chalk it all up to zero spin....all grab...and what I like to refer to as "thorough bred" engineering.

Good to know, thanks. I'm really impressed at how well the xi does in snow (picture was ALL driver) but it would be nice to have more room.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that's why I mention it! I can't stuff any wider tire under there without mud-flaps, and the shift to 2nd can still be interesting if it is not a warm dry day.
I suppose I could keep drag radials on all the time :)
Still, I smile everytime I hit an onramp...

I hear that.....you and I seem similar....I smile consistently when on the freeway. I love the M and have a few sayings for it....here you go.....if you own a BMW and it isn't an M series then you own a BW....there is no M in it. Another one I have specifically towards M3's is if you haven't caught me by 3rd gear....you aren't going to.

I used to frequent the street races and raced soo many cars that I started to refer to them by gears...."first gear" "second gear" and so on....which was indicating when they would give up.....

I'm too reserved anymore for racing. Speed scares me! I do get on it on the on ramps too though. I dont speed either. 5 miles over the speed limit is my limit. So getting on it on the on ramps doesnt last but a few seconds.

Same with the harley....

I'm too reserved anymore for racing. Speed scares me! I do get on it on the on ramps too though. I dont speed either. 5 miles over the speed limit is my limit. So getting on it on the on ramps doesnt last but a few seconds.

Same with the harley....

Yeah.....not scared but I don't speed anymore (not that much anyway ;)) I have kids now and have really "grown up" from my younger days....not that I don't miss it.

This is my 08' Honda CBR 600 RR "Graffiti"

4999602692_bfd53c800d_o.jpg

4999602656_c3c383b44d_z.jpg

4998999053_9cb2be719b_z.jpg

Started it up this weekend and almost took it out in the 50 degree weather but decided not to for safety sake.

and a stock photo

108_CBR600RR_graffiti-large.jpg

thanks I didn't have the money to custom paint one so i got one with graphics. I like the all black stealthy look. The graphics are just decals but better than plain paint IMO. Once it's paid for some of the parts like foot pegs, shifter and brake handle and other things will get powder-coated black. also i need to do something with the stock signals. I'm thinking LED. Also a rear fender eliminator. I got plans hehe but don't tell the wife. As of now it's stock except the windshield.

Last edited:
I totally agree.....you could save then get them airbrushed on like phantom flames....you know....you don't see em till the light hits it right. Either way....sick bike.

I like the graphics. That is a stealth looking bike.
Yeah, I stopped riding the motorcycle in the rain. I had a guy pull out in front of me on wet pavement and I slid sideways into him. I have engine and saddle bag guards on the bike so I was protected against being smashed between his car and the bike. They did the job at 30mph too. I rode away from it. damaged the bike enough though it took a month and 8K to get it fixed. His insurance paid for it all plus. I didnt have another vehicle, so I went out and bought the lincoln ls. Then the mustang last november. Its not worth risking life to ride in the rain anymore. Although my ferry cost has gone up from 170.00 month to 400.00 a month.

Dude....please share the links for that mod. I have 5 series and really want to mod the headlights. I also want to make the DRL's the angel eyes and not the default DRL's. That pic looks so sick.....I love it.

I'm not terribly familiar with the E39's, IIRC only the 2001 and up came with angel eyes right? Are your DRL's the inside halogens? I think you'll need to have the dealer turn them off.

You could rewire it to have the DRL's signal the angel eyes, but IMHO it would be better to have them come on with the accessories or what I did on my Dad's E38 was have them turn on with the yellow corners.

On my car I tapped the accessory circuit and the interior lighting so they come on with the key fob and stay on with the car.

A lot of places sell them, I would look at DDMtuning.com over umnitza (I bought them from there for my Dad's car and will never buy from them again). I actually purchased mine from Khoalty.com because I found out they are the same as the JLeviSW.com ones at a fraction of the cost (and there are some differences between E46 head lights so you have to be careful but the E39 should be pretty straight forward).

Other than that they are simple to install, the most challenging part is centering them ;)

Nice cars btw! :)

Back